Want to take advantage of Hyatt Privé benefits, including a room upgrade, complimentary breakfast, a hotel credit, and more, when booking a cash stay? Contact Ford ([email protected]) for more details. He may even be able to help if you already have a stay booked.
I’ve written about Hyatt Privé, which is a fantastic program that anyone booking paid stays with Hyatt should consider taking advantage of.
What is Hyatt Privé?
There are all kinds of programs out there available exclusively to travel agents in order to drum up more business. The idea is that many hotel brands have developed special partnerships with select travel agencies, so that they can offer their guests more perks when staying at their hotels.
Hyatt Privé was launched a few years ago, and it’s Hyatt’s version of that. Hyatt Privé offers special privileges at over 200 Hyatt hotels around the world. This includes all Park Hyatt and Andaz properties, as well as select Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Alila, Miraval, Thompson, and The Unbound Collection properties.
As a general rule of thumb, when booking through Hyatt Privé you can expect to receive the following perks:
- A $25-100 property credit per room per stay, depending on the brand
- A one category room upgrade confirmed within 24 hours of booking (room-to-room or suite-to-suite) — based on availability and forecasted occupancy at the time of booking
- Daily full breakfast for two in the hotel’s restaurant
- Early check-in (as early as 9AM) and late check-out (as late as 4PM), subject to availability; the late check-out benefit is only available at Park Hyatt properties
- A welcome gift and letter
- You still earn points and elite nights when booking a Hyatt Privé rate, and can even earn bonus points with World of Hyatt’s global promotions
- In almost all cases, the Hyatt Privé rate is the same as the flexible/standard rate; you can’t apply Privé benefits on award stays, AAA rates, member-only rates, pre-paid rates, etc.
- You can still use Globalist suite upgrades on Hyatt Privé rates
How do I book a Hyatt Privé rate?
Consumers can’t book these rates directly, but rather you have to book through an eligible travel advisor. I know my husband Ford and his colleague Aaron would be happy to help with these reservations, and they can be reached at [email protected] Other travel agents are welcome to leave their information below, so that people can get in touch with them.
Hyatt Privé third to fifth night free offers
Not only can you receive extra perks when booking through Hyatt Privé, but at the moment those booking through the program can also receive a third, fourth, or fifth night free for stays at a majority of Privé properties, when booking a suite. This can be a way to get even more value for upcoming Hyatt stays, and in many cases it could be worth booking a suite to take advantage of this.
There are a few general terms to be aware of:
- This promotion is valid for stays booked through August 31, 2021, even if you’re staying on a subsequent date
- This promotion is valid for stays through April 18, 2022
- This promotion is only valid for stays booked directly in suites or villas
- The exact free night offers vary — some hotels have a third night free promotion, some hotels have a fourth night free promotion, and some hotels have a fifth night free promotion
Here’s a list of the hotels that are participating:
In all cases you’ll want to check with a Hyatt Privé advisor regarding the exact availability of these offers for your particular dates, the restrictions, and whether a third, fourth, or fifth night free is available.
The Privé program can offer a lot of value for your Hyatt stays, in the form of free breakfast, room upgrades, property credits, and more. For those who sometimes consider booking suites, there’s currently a free night offer available for suite and villa bookings at a majority of properties. These range from a third night free to a fifth night free.
If you have any upcoming paid suite stays at Hyatts, I’d highly recommend booking through Privé. Or even if you don’t usually book suites, it could be worth paying extra for a suite stay given the free night offer. Remember that you can travel all the way until April 2022, but you do need to book by August 2021 (and these rates are typically cancelable, so you can always lock in a deal now).