Hilton Honors has just announced the details of their next global promotion. First of all, keep in mind that through September 9, 2018, Hilton Honors is offering double points on all stays, with no limits, so now we know what the promotion after that will look like.
Hilton Honors will offer up to triple points for all stays between September 10, 2018, and January 3, 2019. With this promotion, members will earn triple points at luxury brands and resort properties, and double points at all other properties.
Registration is required prior to the first eligible stay, and only stays within the promotion period qualify (so if you check in before the promotion starts or check out after the promotion ends, only nights during the promotion period qualify).
There’s no limit to how many points you can earn, no minimum stay requirement, and all properties qualify, except Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China.
With this promotion you’d earn:
- 30 Honors points per dollar (10 base points and 20 bonus points) at Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, and Hilton family resorts; you can find a full list of eligible properties here
- 20 Honors points per dollar (10 base points and 10 bonus points) at most other brands
- 10 Honors points per dollar (5 base points and 5 bonus points) at Home2 Suite by Hilton and Tru by Hilton
The above doesn’t include elite points bonuses, which are based on the base points you’re earning. For hotels earning 10 bonus points per dollar spent
- Silver members earn a 20% points bonus (2 bonus points per dollar spent at most brands)
- Gold members earn an 80% points bonus (8 bonus points per dollar spent at most brands)
- Diamond members earn a 100% points bonus (10 bonus points per dollar spent at most brands)
On top of that you can earn bonus points for paying for your stay with a Hilton Amex:
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express offers 7 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card offers 14 points per dollar spent with Hilton
For example, a Diamond member with the Aspire Card staying at a Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, or resort, would be earning 54 points per dollar spent, while they’d earn 44 points per dollar spent at most other brands.
It continues to impress me how Hilton continuously offers promotions on stays. While their competitors aren’t offering any major promotions, Hilton has been offering continuous promotions for a couple of years now.
Add in the fact that they offer one of the best returns on hotel spend to begin with, and I’d say this is pretty darn compelling, given that you can earn up to 54 points per dollar spent.
Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile At A Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.