While this is probably far from the top priority for anyone at this point, it’s worth noting that Hilton has extended their global promotion by several months.
I think Hilton took exactly the right approach here — in my opinion it seems kind of tone deaf to introduce a new promotion right now incentivizing discretionary travel, but I think extending an existing promotion strikes the right balance.
Of all of the major hotel chains, Hilton Honors is by far the most consistent and generous with the promotions they offer. They constantly run promotions (typically without even a day gap between them), so that’s great for members.
Hilton Honors’ Points Unlimited Promo 2020
Hilton Honors’ first major promotion of 2020 launched in early January, and was supposed to expire on May 31, but has now been extended for stays through September 7, 2020.
Hilton Honors’ promotion is called “Points Unlimited,” and this is the return of a promotion we saw from them back in 2019. This is valid for stays between January 6 and September 7, 2020. With this promotion you earn:
- 2,000 bonus points for every stay
- 10,000 bonus points after every ten nights
There are a few further things to be aware of:
- Registration is required prior to the first eligible stay, though previous booked nights qualify, as long as you stay during the promotion period
- There’s no limit to how many points you can earn
- There’s no minimum stay requirement
- All properties qualify
Personally I consider this promotion to be less lucrative than some of the double or triple points promotions that Hilton offers, especially if you’re not constantly making short stays at inexpensive properties.
Since I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, you’re essentially earning a $10 bonus per stay, plus an average of a $5 bonus per night, in increments of 10 nights.
Ultimately Hilton’s points earning rates are pretty good to begin with, but to me this doesn’t compare to the double to triple points promotion that they’re currently offering.
Keep in mind that you can always earn bonus points for paying for your stays with a Hilton Amex (the best credit cards for earning Hilton Honors points):
- The Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) offers 7 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (review) offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) offers 14 points per dollar spent with Hilton
Hilton Promo Summary
Hilton Honors deserves a lot of credit for constantly offering promotions.
The current promotion is a return of one that they offered earlier in 2019, and it’s great for those who frequently make short and inexpensive stays, but otherwise it’s not nearly as lucrative. Still, I appreciate that the promotion is at least valid at all properties, with no cap on how many points you can earn.
It’s nice to see that this promotion has been extended through September, and I expect we’ll see lots of good hotel promos later this year.
What do you make of Hilton’s new Points Unlimited promotion?
Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.