Hilton Honors has today launched its newest global promotion — Hilton’s previous global promotion ended yesterday (September 6), so you’ve gotta love that there’s no gap in promotions from the Honors program.
Triple points with Hilton Honors Power Up promo
Hilton Honors’ current global promotion is called Power Up. With this promotion, Hilton Honors members can earn:
- Double Hilton Honors points on all stays
- Triple Hilton Honors points when paying with a Hilton Honors American Express card
There are some more details to be aware of:
- The promotion is valid for stays between September 7 and December 31, 2021 (you must check out by December 31 — if you check out after that, none of the stay will count towards the promotion)
- The number of bonus points that’s multiplied is determined by the base points earned (though bonus points don’t qualify as base points for the purposes of status qualification)
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay, though it’s fine if you booked prior to registration
- It can take up to six to eight weeks for bonus points to post, though they’ll typically post much faster than that
- You can find promotion FAQs here
How generous is Hilton Honors’ promotion?
Hilton Honors’ new promotion is extremely generous. Just how many points can Hilton Honors members earn here?
- Members ordinarily earn 10x Honors points per dollar spent at most brands
- With this promotion, members earn 10-20x bonus Honors bonus points per dollar spent at most brands
- Hilton Honors Gold members get an 80% points bonus, Hilton Honors Diamond members get a 100% points bonus
On top of that, you can maximize your Hilton Honors points earned from hotel stays by paying with a co-branded Hilton American Express card (see the best credit cards for earning Hilton Honors points). For that matter, you’ll want to use these anyway for the promotion, so you can earn triple points. These cards earn points at the following rates at Hilton properties:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) – 7x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) – 14x points per dollar
In other words, as a Hilton Honors Diamond member paying with the Hilton Aspire Card, you earn 44x Honors points per dollar spent when you’re earning double points, and 54x Honors points per dollar spent when you’re earning triple points.
Personally I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, so by my math you’re earning a return of 22-27% on most Hilton spending, which is pretty incredible.
Historically triple points promotions are as good as we see from Hilton Honors, so the new promotion is excellent.
Hilton Honors has just launched its new global promotion, offering up to triple points through the end of the year. All members can earn 10x Honors bonus points per dollar, and those with a co-branded Hilton Amex can earn 20x Honors bonus points per dollar.
It’s awesome to see Hilton continuing to lead the way with generous promotions, especially in comparison to Marriott Bonvoy, for example.
What do you make of Hilton’s new promotion?