Of all of the major hotel chains, Hilton Honors is by far the most consistent and generous with the promotions they offer. They constantly run promotions (typically without even a day gap between them), so that’s great for members.
Yesterday Hilton Honors’ summer promotion ended, and today their fall promotion is starting. This post is just a reminder of that, so you can be sure you’re registered and start considering this promotion when booking hotel stays.
Hilton Honors’ Power Up Promo (September 9, 2019, Through January 5, 2020)
Hilton Honors’ new promo is called “Power Up.” This is valid for stays between September 9, 2019, and January 5, 2020. With this promotion you earn:
- Double Hilton Honors points on all stays
- Triple Hilton Honors points if you have a Hilton American Express Card
There are a few further things to be aware of:
- Registration is required prior to the first eligible stay, though previous booked nights qualify, as long as you stay during the promotion period
- In order to earn triple points, you actually have to pay with your Hilton credit card
- There’s no limit to how many points you can earn
- There’s no minimum stay requirement
- All properties qualify
To crunch the numbers on this promotion, you’d earn the following number of points for stays, just factoring in base points and bonus points through this promotion:
- 20-30 Honors points per dollar (10 base points and 10-20 bonus points, depending on whether you have a Hilton Amex or not) at most brands
- 10-15 Honors points per dollar (5 base points and 5-10 bonus points, depending on whether you have a Hilton Amex or not) at Home2 Suite by Hilton and Tru by Hilton
The above doesn’t include elite points bonuses, which are based on the base points you’re earning:
- Silver members earn a 20% points bonus
- Gold members earn an 80% points bonus
- Diamond members earn a 100% points bonus
On top of that you can earn bonus points for paying for your stay with a Hilton Amex (the best credit cards for earning Hilton Honors points):
- The Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) offers 7 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) offers 14 points per dollar spent with Hilton
For example, a Diamond member with the Aspire Card would be earning 54 points per dollar at most Hilton brands, which is spectacular, in my opinion.
Personally I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, so that’s like a ~27% return on stays, which is great.
Register For The Hilton Honors Promotion
When I first wrote about this promotion registration wasn’t working, so this is a reminder to make sure that you register for the promo. Just follow this link and enter your Hilton Honors account info, and you should be registered instantly.
Hilton Promo Summary
I’d argue this is the best promotion of the year from Hilton, as you can earn triple points starting with your first stay. If you have the Hilton Aspire Card you’d be earning 54 Honors points per dollar spent at most brands. The fact that this promotion runs for four months is the icing on the cake.
What do you make of Hilton’s new Power Up promotion?
Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.