Update: This article contains mentions of The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card whose terms have expired and are in the process of being updated. All other offers reflect accurate offer terms. Learn more about the current offers here.
While this is probably far from the top priority for anyone at this point, it’s worth nothing that Hilton has just extended their global promotion by several weeks.
Of all of the major hotel chains, Hilton Honors is by far the most consistent and generous with the promotions they offer. They constantly run promotions (typically without even a day gap between them), so that’s great for members.
Hilton Honors’ Points Unlimited Promo 2020
Hilton Honors’ first major promotion of 2020 launched in early January, and was supposed to expire on May 3, but has now been extended for stays through May 31, 2020.
Hilton Honors’ promotion is called “Points Unlimited,” and this is the return of a promotion we saw from them back in 2019. This is valid for stays between January 6 and May 31, 2020. With this promotion you earn:
- 2,000 bonus points for every stay
- 10,000 bonus points after every ten nights
There are a few further things to be aware of:
- Registration is required prior to the first eligible stay, though previous booked nights qualify, as long as you stay during the promotion period
- There’s no limit to how many points you can earn
- There’s no minimum stay requirement
- All properties qualify
Personally I consider this promotion to be less lucrative than some of the double or triple points promotions that Hilton offers, especially if you’re not constantly making short stays at inexpensive properties.
Since I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, you’re essentially earning a $10 bonus per stay, plus an average of a $5 bonus per night, in increments of 10 nights.
Ultimately Hilton’s points earning rates are pretty good to begin with, but to me this doesn’t compare to the double to triple points promotion that they’re currently offering.
Keep in mind that you can always earn bonus points for paying for your stays with a Hilton Amex (the best credit cards for earning Hilton Honors points):
- The Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) offers 7 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (review) offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) offers 14 points per dollar spent with Hilton
Hilton Promo Summary
Hilton Honors deserves a lot of credit for constantly offering promotions.
The current promotion is a return of one that they offered earlier in 2019, and it’s great for those who frequently make short and inexpensive stays, but otherwise it’s not nearly as lucrative. Still, I appreciate that the promotion is at least valid at all properties, with no cap on how many points you can earn.
It’s nice to see that this promotion has been extended by several weeks, though frankly I think we’ll see lots of promotions from hotel loyalty programs extended over the coming months.
What do you make of Hilton’s new Points Unlimited promotion?
Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.