In mid-April, Hilton Honors revealed the details of its global summer promotion, and it’s very good. This promotion is valid for stays as of today, so in this post I wanted to recap the offer.
Hilton Honors More Nights, More Points promo
Hilton Honors’ current global promotion is called More Nights, More Points. With this promotion, Hilton Honors members can earn:
- Double Hilton Honors points when staying one or two nights
- Triple Hilton Honors points when staying three or more nights
There are some more details to be aware of, as you’d expect:
- The promotion is valid for stays between May 3 and September 6, 2021
- The number of bonus points that’s multiplied is determined by the base points earned (though bonus points don’t qualify as base points for the purposes of status qualification)
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay
- It can take up to six to eight weeks for bonus points to post, though they’ll typically post much faster than that
- You can find promotion FAQs here
How generous is Hilton Honors’ promotion?
Hilton Honors’ summer promotion is extremely generous, among the best we’ve seen. Just how many points can Hilton Honors members earn here?
- Members ordinarily earn 10x Honors points per dollar spent at most brands
- With this promotion, members earn 10-20x bonus Honors bonus points per dollar spent at most brands
- Hilton Honors Gold members get an 80% points bonus, Hilton Honors Diamond members get a 100% points bonus
Hilton Honors is offering up to 3x points on hotel stays
On top of that, you can maximize your Hilton Honors points earned from hotel stays by paying with a co-branded Hilton American Express card (the best credit cards for earning Hilton Honors points). These cards earn points at the following rates at Hilton properties:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) – 7x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) – 14x points per dollar
In other words, as a Hilton Honors Diamond member paying with the Hilton Aspire Card, you’d be earning 44x Honors points per dollar spent on stays of up to two nights, and 54x Honors points per dollar spent on stays of three or more nights.
Personally I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, so by my math you’re earning a return of 22-27% on most Hilton spending, which is pretty incredible.
Earn up to 54x Hilton Honors points per dollar spent
Historically triple points promotions are as good as we see from Hilton Honors, so that’s excellent.
Hilton Honors has just launched its summer 2021 promotion, and it’s excellent. Hilton Honors is offering double points on stays of up to two nights, and triple points on stays of three or more nights. This gives members an additional 10-20x Honors points per dollar spent, on top of Hilton’s already excellent points earnings rates.
I was curious to see if hotel loyalty programs would offer generous promotions this summer, given how anxious people are to travel. It seems that the answer is yes, because both Hilton Honors and IHG Rewards Club have launched rather generous promotions already. Here’s to hoping that Marriott Bonvoy and World of Hyatt have similarly good offers.
What do you make of Hilton’s new promotion?