Of all of the major hotel chains, Hilton Honors is by far the most consistent and generous with the promotions they offer. They constantly run promotions (typically without even a day gap between them), so that’s great for members.
Hilton Honors has just announced the details of their next global promotion. First of all, keep in mind that through January 3, 2019, Hilton Honors is offering up to triple points on all stays (triple points at luxury properties and resorts, and double points at all other properties), with no limits.
Hilton Honors’ first promotion of 2019 is called “Points Unlimited,” and is valid for stays between January 4 and May 5, 2019. With this promotion you earn 2,000 bonus points per stay, plus 10,000 bonus points every five stays or 10 nights, whichever comes first.
Registration is required prior to the first eligible stay, though previous booked nights qualify, as long as you stay during the promotion period.
There’s no limit to how many points you can earn, no minimum stay requirement, and all properties qualify, except Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China.
This promotion is good for those who frequently make inexpensive and short stays, while it’s less generous for those who make longer and more expensive stays.
So if you made five stays you’d earn a total of 20,000 bonus points, which is a total of 4,000 bonus points per night. The earnings can potentially be higher if your stays are longer, based on that 10,000 point bonus.
This is in addition to Hilton’s usual excellent points earning rates. Hilton Honors members ordinarily earn 10 points per dollar spent. On top of that there are elite bonuses:
- Silver members earn a 20% points bonus (2 bonus points per dollar spent at most brands)
- Gold members earn an 80% points bonus (8 bonus points per dollar spent at most brands)
- Diamond members earn a 100% points bonus (10 bonus points per dollar spent at most brands)
On top of that you can earn bonus points for paying for your stay with a Hilton Amex:
- The Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express offers 7 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card offers 14 points per dollar spent with Hilton
For example, a Diamond member with the Aspire Card would be earning 34 points per dollar in addition to the points you earn through this promotion.
Personally I far preferred Hilton’s current promotion, offering up to triple points, since a Diamond member paying with the Aspire was earning 54 points per dollar spent at resorts and luxury properties.
However, this new promotion is great as well, especially for those who make frequent and/or inexpensive stays.
What do you make of Hilton’s new Points Unlimited promotion?
Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.