While I love the elite benefits offered by Starwood Preferred Guest and World of Hyatt, the hotel program that consistently has the best promotions is Hilton Honors. When you combine that with their generous points earning structure to begin with, it’s pretty easy to rack up free nights with Hilton Honors.
- 10 Honors bonus points for stays at most brands (for a total of 20 points per dollar)
- 5 Honors bonus points for stays at Home2 Suite by Hilton and Tru by Hilton (for a total of 10 points per dollar)
- This doesn’t include the elite bonus points that Silver, Gold, and Diamond members earn
With the exception of two limited service brands, Honors members will earn 20 points per dollar spent, Silver members will earn 22 points per dollar spent, Gold members will earn 28 points per dollar spent, and Diamond members will earn 30 points per dollar spent.
This promotion is valid at Hilton’s portfolio of over 5,000 hotels around the world, and unlike the promotions from some other chains, all properties participate in this promotion. There’s also no cap on how many points you can earn, and there’s no minimum stay requirement.
I have to give Hilton credit not just for the number of promotions they offer, but also that they’re quite generous.
Hilton Honors has now added a further fun element to their promotion. Those with a Hilton Honors American Express Card can earn triple base points when using their Hilton Honors American Express Card on eligible stays between July 1 and July 31, 2018.
This means that Honors members will earn an additional 5-10 points per dollar spent on Hilton purchases. This is in addition to the bonus points you earn for paying for your stay with a Hilton Amex:
- The Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express offers 7 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton
- The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card offers 14 points per dollar spent with Hilton
For example, this means that a Diamond member with the Aspire Card would earn 54 points per dollar spent at Hilton properties (10 base points, plus triple points, plus 10 bonus points per dollar spent for being a Diamond member, plus 14 points per dollar spent for paying with the credit card).
Put another way, Hilton’s top properties cost 95,000 points per night, meaning that spending ~$1,760 at Hilton properties would earn you a free night at Hilton’s top hotels, many of which retail for close to $1,000 per night.
That’s extremely compelling, and Hilton is definitely winning here when it comes to having the most lucrative summer promotion.
There’s no separate registration required for this offer, but rather after registering for their main global promotion you should also see this promotion listed on the registration confirmation page.
(Tip of the hat to Frequent Miler)