Every month Air France-KLM Flying Blue publishes Promo Awards, offering discounted redemptions in select markets. These are typically released at the beginning of each month, and I write about them when they go live.
A few days ago I wrote about how they’d release a special version of this promotion shortly, and it’s now live. But you’ll want to hurry, because the booking window is pretty short.
Flying Blue Special Edition Promo Rewards
Every few months Flying Blue seems to offer “Special Edition Promo Rewards,” which are different than their standard Promo Rewards. They’re valid for different city pairs, they have a very limited booking window (just a few days), and they have a bigger window during which you can travel.
Flying Blue’s latest Special Edition Promo Rewards are valid for bookings between October 16 and 20, 2019, and for travel between November 2019 and March 2020. That means that the list is now live, and you have a roughly five month window over which you can travel.
The eligible North American routes include the following:
- Economy between New York and Europe for 11,000 miles one-way
- Economy between Toronto and Europe for 11,000 miles one-way
- Economy between Los Angeles and Europe for 14,000 miles one-way
- Premium economy between Toronto and Europe for 25,000 miles one-way
- Premium economy between Los Angeles and Europe for 28,000 miles one-way
- Premium economy between Seattle and Europe for 29,000 miles one-way
- Premium economy between Mexico City and Europe for 29,000 miles one-way
- Business between Toronto and Europe for 32,000 miles one-way
- Business between Seattle and Europe for 36,000 miles one-way
- Business class between Mexico City and Europe for 36,000 miles one-way
There are some really exceptional deals here, and all of the “saver” space should now be showing at the promo rates. If an itinerary is eligible, you should then see “Promo Reward” written next to the flights in red.
While Flying Blue has some carrier imposed surcharges, they’re fairly mild — a one-way ticket from the US to Europe will generally cost you under $100, and a business class ticket typically costs a bit over $200.
11,000 miles for a one-way transatlantic economy award, or 32,000 miles for a one-way transatlantic business award, is a pretty great value.
I’m tempted to book the Toronto to Paris Promo Reward, especially since the route will soon be operated by Air France’s new A350, and I’m keen to try that business class.
Air France’s new A350 business class
Earning Flying Blue Miles Is Easy
Anyone plan to take advantage of these Flying Blue Special Edition Promo Rewards?
(Tip of the hat to @FlyingDutchBlog)