While Wyndham is the largest hotel franchising company in the world in terms of number of properties (the company has 9,300 hotels in 90 countries), I don’t talk all that much about its loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards.
Wyndham Rewards has just launched its newest global promotion, valid for stays this fall and early winter. This has the potential to be pretty lucrative, so let’s go over the details.
Wyndham fall 2023 triple points promo
With Wyndham Rewards’ new promotion, members can earn triple points on all eligible stays of two or more nights. This offer is valid for stays between September 29, 2023, and January 15, 2024.
Here are the basic terms to be aware of for Wyndham’s promotion:
- You must register prior to booking your stay, so previously booked stays don’t qualify
- You must complete your qualifying stays by January 15, 2024
- Registration is required by January 12, 2024
- Stays must be booked directly through Wyndham, either through the website or mobile app
- You can earn triple points on consecutive stays of two or more nights, up to a limit of 30,000 bonus points
- Bonus points will post within two to four weeks of a qualifying stay
For context, Wyndham Rewards ordinarily offers 10x Wyndham Rewards points per dollar spent, and that doesn’t factor in any elite bonuses or credit card bonuses. So with this offer, you’re earning 20x bonus points per dollar spent. That means you’d earn a total of 30x points per dollar spent on eligible stays, and you’d max out the 30,000 points bonus after $1,500 in spending.
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes time to redeem Wyndham Rewards points, there are three tiers of hotels:
- About a third of properties cost 7,500 points per night
- A majority of properties cost 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred properties cost 30,000 points per night
As you can see, you can maximize this offer by staying four nights, in which case you’d earn a total of 15,000 points, or 3,750 bonus points per night. Personally I value Wyndham Rewards points at 0.7 cents each, so to me this promotion offers an incremental return of 14% on stays of two or more nights, up to the limit.
If you’re looking to earn more Wyndham points:
- Barclays recently refreshed its portfolio of Wyndham cards, which offer improved points earning opportunities and status
- Wyndham Rewards often sells points with a bonus, which could be an opportunity to acquire them at a cost that makes sense
Wyndham Rewards has just launched its fall 2023 promotion. With this offer, you can earn triple points on all stays of two or more nights, up to the limit of 30,000 bonus points (which you’d unlock after $1,500 in spending). Just keep in mind that only stays booked after registering qualify.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Wyndham promotion?