Historically World of Hyatt has offered a discount on select summer award stays. This promotion is returning this summer, and has the potential to represent a good deal.
In this post:
Save 20% on select World of Hyatt awards
World of Hyatt is offering 20% back in bonus points for qualifying award redemptions this summer, but only for those with the World of Hyatt Credit Card (review) and World of Hyatt Business Credit Card (review), and only for stays at Hyatt’s managed independent hotel brands:
- This is valid for stays at JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- You must register between July 11 and August 15, 2023
- You must stay between July 11 and September 17, 2023, though it’s fine if your stay was previously booked
- Members can receive 20% back for free night awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining, and spa services
- Members can receive up to 30,000 World of Hyatt points back per stay (which you’d get when redeeming 150,000 points)
- You need to have the full points for a World of Hyatt redemption upfront, and then the 20% bonus points refund will post within four weeks of when an eligible stay is completed
- This is only valid for those with a co-branded credit card, and not for other World of Hyatt members
It goes without saying that if you have any upcoming stays at these Hyatt brands, this could be a fantastic promotion, and it could even be worth moving around some hotel stays to take advantage of this.
This promotion could be a great deal!
Just as we saw last year, hotel rates are incredibly high this summer, given the amount of demand. What’s different this summer vs. last summer is that the entire world has opened up, including China, which was one of the biggest outbound tourist markets pre-pandemic.
Given how high hotel rates are, this is a great summer for redeeming points. Hyatt’s footprint of independent hotels has grown quite nicely in recent years, especially in the independent sector, so there are lots of great properties to redeem points at.
Unfortunately World of Hyatt doesn’t have a global promotion this summer, presumably because the program feels it’s not necessary to fill hotel rooms.
World of Hyatt is offering those with the World of Hyatt Credit Card and World of Hyatt Business Credit Card a 20% discount for award stays this summer at select independent Hyatt brands. This has the potential to be a good deal for redemptions, though the brand restrictions will limit the usefulness of this for most.
Will you take advantage of World of Hyatt’s new summer award sale?