World of Hyatt and Etihad Guest have just partnered on a new promotion, which could earn you some bonus miles with no opportunity cost.
In this post:
Get rewarded with Etihad Guest for Hyatt stays
Thanks to a new promotion, you can earn 1,000 Etihad Guest bonus miles per stay at an eligible World of Hyatt property:
- You must register prior to your first eligible stay, and between January 29 and February 29, 2024 (though it’s fine if you booked your stay prior to registering)
- You must then stay between February 1 and March 31, 2024
- Then you’ll earn 1,000 Etihad Guest bonus miles per stay at any eligible World of Hyatt property worldwide; this would be any Hyatt property where you earn elite nights, and that includes Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties
- There’s no opportunity cost to taking advantage of this, as you’ll still earn World of Hyatt points as usual
- Bonus Etihad Guest miles will post to your account within six to eight weeks of an eligible stay
Since World of Hyatt isn’t currently offering a global promotion, this is a nice added incentive for Hyatt stays. Also note that this is separate from the World of Hyatt and American AAdvantage partnership, so if your accounts are linked, you can take advantage of both opportunities.
How you can redeem Etihad Guest miles
While I absolutely love flying with Etihad Airways — especially in A350 business class and A380 first class — the Etihad Guest program as such isn’t that robust. The program has very high redemption rates in Etihad first class, while business class redemption rates are a bit more reasonable. Etihad’s partner redemption rates are also quite unattractive.
I’d say the best use of the program is redeeming for Etihad business class. While booking Etihad business class through programs (like American AAdvantage) might be a better value, the catch is that Etihad restricts a lot of award availability to its own members, which makes the program more necessary than in the past.
Note that Etihad Guest miles expire after 18 months of inactivity. However, they can be extended with any activity.
For the next two months, it’s possible to earn 1,000 Etihad Guest bonus miles per World of Hyatt stay. Just register for the promotion, and you’ll automatically earn these miles in addition to the World of Hyatt points you’d usually earn. There’s no reason not to take advantage of this, and hopefully the partnership between the two brands is expanded in the future.
Will you be taking advantage of this Hyatt and Etihad promotion?