Historically World of Hyatt has offered a discount on summer award stays. That promotion is returning this summer, though unfortunately with some major restrictions.
Save 20% on select World of Hyatt awards
World of Hyatt is offering 20% back in bonus points for qualifying award redemptions this summer, but only for those with the World of Hyatt Credit Card (review) and World of Hyatt Business Credit Card (review), and only for stays at Hyatt’s managed independent hotel brands:
- This is valid for stays at JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- You must register between June 27 and July 31, 2022
- You must stay between July 5 and September 5, 2022, though it’s fine if your stay was previously booked
- Members can receive 20% back for free night awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining, and spa services
- Members can receive up to 30,000 World of Hyatt points back per stay (which you’d get when redeeming 150,000 points)
- You need to have the full points for a World of Hyatt redemption upfront, and then the 20% bonus points refund will post six to eight weeks after an eligible stay is completed
- This is only valid for those with a co-branded credit card, and not for other World of Hyatt members
It goes without saying that if you have any upcoming stays at these Hyatt brands, this could be a fantastic promotion, and it could even be worth moving around some hotel stays to take advantage of this.
This isn’t as generous as past promotions
While this is ultimately a solid promotion, unfortunately it’s not as generous as some of the past redemption promotions we’ve seen from World of Hyatt. Up until 2020, World of Hyatt has consistently offered discounts for all award stays over the summer months. Generally we’ve seen a 15% discount for all World of Hyatt members, and a 25% discount for those with a co-branded credit card.
As you can tell, this promotion is significantly less generous — only those with co-branded credit cards are eligible, and only stays at three brands qualify for the promotion. In 2021 we saw a similar offer to what’s being offered now, except the discount was for up to 25%, rather than for up to 20%.
I guess it’s not too surprising to see an offer that’s not quite as generous, given the extent to which the demand for leisure travel has returned. This is an unprecedented summer in terms of hotel demand, and that’s reflected in terms of the promotions. Similarly, World of Hyatt isn’t offering a global promotion this summer.
World of Hyatt will be offering those with the World of Hyatt Credit Card and World of Hyatt Business Credit Card a 20% discount for award stays this summer at select independent Hyatt brands. This has the potential to be a good deal for redemptions, though the brand restrictions will limit the usefulness of this for most.
What do you make of World of Hyatt’s new summer award sale?