Radisson Rewards has just launched a sale on award redemptions. While it’s not the biggest or most useful award sale we’ve ever seen, I imagine some people will still be able to take advantage of this.
In this post:
15% off free night award redemptions
Radisson Rewards has just launched a promotion offering 15% off when you redeem for free nights:
- Reservations must be made between May 24 and 31, 2022
- Valid for stays between May 24 and December 31, 2022
- This doesn’t apply to Points + Cash room night redemptions
- There’s no registration required, and you should automatically see the lower price reflected during the booking process
Here’s Radisson Rewards’ award chart reflecting the award discount:
As you can see, with this promotion you’d end up paying anywhere from 12,750 points per night for a Category 1 hotel, to 63,750 points per night for a Category 6 hotel. This could be useful even if you have a previously booked stay, assuming there’s still award availability and you’re outside the cancelation period.
Personally I value Radisson Rewards points at ~0.3 cents each, making it one of the less valuable points currencies out there, on a per-point basis. If you are going to redeem points, you might as well do so when there’s a redemption discount, especially given that you can stay through the end of the year.
This doesn’t apply to Radisson Rewards Americas
There’s one other important thing to note, which is that this promotion only applies to the global Radisson Rewards program, and not the Radisson Rewards Americas program, which launched in the summer of 2021:
- Radisson had to split its loyalty program into two, since Radisson is essentially owned by the Chinese government, and the US government requires that the Chinese government no longer has access to member data
- The good news is that you can move points freely between the two Radisson Rewards programs, so you can take advantage of this even if you’re based in the Americas
- The important thing to understand is that properties in the Americas can only be booked through Radisson Rewards Americas, so this promotion only works for properties outside that region
- Unfortunately when this program was introduced we saw a huge award chart devaluation, in the name of “a simplified award night experience”
At the moment the global Radisson Rewards program is incentivizing redemptions. You can get 15% off awards that are booked by May 31, for travel all the way through December 31, 2022. If you have Radisson Rewards points, this could be a great time to redeem them.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Radisson Rewards points redemption opportunity?