Earlier I wrote about how the Amex International Airline Program saved me roughly $750 on the cost of a Qatar Airways business class ticket.
Amex’s International Airline Program is available to those with The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, and offers discounts on first, business, and premium economy tickets booked on select airlines, for travel originating in the US and select Canadian gateways.
This is such an awesome program, since you get a discount even on top of the sale price that an airline might be offering. So the next time Qatar Airways has a fare sale out of the US, for example, you can save even more by booking through Amex.
Earlier I shared the list of participating airlines, though reader Steve pointed out that four more airlines have been added to the program. Here’s the full list of airlines eligible for the International Airline Program:
What has changed is that the Amex International Airline Program now offers discounts on Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa, and Swiss. The Lufthansa Group airlines often have attractive first & business class transatlantic fares, so those fares are now eligible for even further savings through this program. This is definitely something to keep in mind the next time you’re looking to book a premium ticket on one of the 22 eligible airlines.
The Amex International Airline Program can save you money on the cost of a Lufthansa ticket
As a reminder, the basic terms of the program are as follows:
- Valid for first class, business class, and premium economy tickets booked through Amex Travel, including both refundable and non-refundable tickets
- Valid for the purchase of 1-8 tickets
- A $39 service fee applies, which is waived for Centurion Card members
- Only valid for travel originating in the US and “select Canadian gateways”
- You can use the “Amex Pay With Points” benefit to book tickets through this program
- To get quotes using this deal, you need to call 1-800-525-3355 if you have the Amex Personal Platinum Card, or 1-800-553-9497 if you have the Amex Business Platinum Card
The Amex International Airline Program, which is available to those with the Amex Personal Platinum Card and Amex Business Platinum Card, just got even more valuable. From premium economy to first class, you can now save money on the cost of Lufthansa Group tickets, which I can see being valuable. Lufthansa and Swiss sometimes even have reasonable paid first class fares, and this should knock a few hundred dollars off the cost of those tickets as well.
Does anyone plan to use the Amex IAP for travel on Austrian, Brussels, Lufthansa, or Swiss?