Update: This offer for Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
The Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard® is a card that’s often overlooked, but that can definitely be worth considering. The card has an excellent new cardmember bonus, there are some great uses of Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles, and the card even has some unique benefits.
Increased Welcome Bonus Ends December 18
If you’ve been considering getting this card but haven’t yet applied, this is your last chance to get the card, as the current welcome bonus is being pulled on December 18, 2019. So you only have a few days left to apply under this offer.
Details Of Card & 80K Bonus
Since September the card has been offering a welcome bonus of up to 80,000 miles, as follows:
- 60,000 Flying Club bonus miles after spending $2,000 within the first 90 days
- 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add two authorized user to your card
- Up to 15,000 Flying Club bonus miles every year on your account anniversary — 7,500 bonus miles if you spend a total of $15,000, and an additional 7,500 bonus miles if you spend a total of $25,000
There is a $90 annual fee, which isn’t waived the first year.
As you can see the card basically offers 60,000 Flying Club bonus miles after you spend $2,000, and if you add two authorized users you get an additional 5,000 miles, for a total of 65,000 bonus miles. That’s a solid bonus.
On top of that, the card offers 3x miles on Virgin Atlantic purchases plus 1.5x miles on all other purchases, so that’s a solid return for everyday spending.
The card also offers some unique benefits for those who want to earn status with Virgin Atlantic or redeem miles for travel on Virgin Atlantic
- Earn 25 tier points per $2,500 in purchases (maximum 50 per month) to elevate your Flying Club status
- Get a companion reward in the same cabin class when you redeem Flying Club miles for a Virgin Atlantic reward ticket; must spend $25,000 or more in purchases annually to qualify
While not for everyone, the Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard is a card that’s often overlooked, and that can definitely be worth considering.
The card has an excellent new cardmember bonus, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles have some great uses, and the card even has some unique benefits for someone looking to redeem on Virgin Atlantic, or who wants to earn status with them.
If you’ve been considering this card but haven’t yet applied, you only have a few days left to get it, as the promotion ends on Wednesday, December 18, 2019.