Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has just launched an excellent sale for reward flights, which could save you points for an award ticket this summer
Save on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club awards
With a new sale from Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, members can save 30% off the number of points required for award tickets to & from the United States:
- This is valid for bookings made between June 23 and July 24, 2023
- This is valid for travel through September 30, 2023
- This is valid exclusively for travel on Virgin Atlantic, and not for travel on partner airlines
- This applies for all cabins and for both peak and off-peak season
- The discounted pricing should already be reflected when you search availability
- Only the number of points required is reduced by 30%, and not the taxes, fees, and carrier imposed surcharges
Note that this sale only applies for travel to & from the United States, which includes the following city pairs:
- London Heathrow and Atlanta
- London Heathrow and Austin
- London Heathrow and Boston
- London Heathrow to Las Vegas
- London Heathrow and Los Angeles
- London Heathrow and Miami
- London Heathrow and New York
- London Heathrow to Orlando
- London Heathrow and San Francisco
- London Heathrow and Seattle
- London Heathrow and Tampa
- London Heathrow and Washington
- Manchester to Atlanta
- Manchester to Las Vegas
- Manchester and New York
- Manchester to Orlando
- Edinburgh to Orlando
Virgin Atlantic points are easy to come by
Even if you’re not collecting points directly with Virgin Atlantic, keep in mind that these points are easy to come by through transferable points currencies:
- Amex Membership Rewards partners with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Capital One partners with Virgin Red
- Chase Ultimate Rewards partners with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Citi ThankYou partners with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
On top of that, Virgin Atlantic often sells points with a bonus, which can be an opportunity to acquire them at a reasonable cost.
Is this award sale a good deal?
This isn’t the first time that we’ve seen a promotion like this from Virgin Atlantic, as there was a similar offer this spring. I’d say that this is a deal that could be worth considering, though there are of course some things to be aware of.
For context, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club awards between the United States and United Kingdom cost the following number of points, depending on the route and season:
- 10,000-25,000 points one-way in economy
- 17,500-37,500 points one-way in premium economy
- 47,500-67,500 points one-way in Upper Class business class
Being able to redeem just 33,200 points for a one-way Upper Class ticket is a phenomenal deal. Now, in fairness, the carrier imposed surcharges are significant. But still, this is a huge discount, and for many people could be worth a speculative booking.
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has a generous promotion on award redemptions, as you can get 30% off the points required for award tickets in many markets. This is a great deal, especially since the discount is applied at the time that you book, so you don’t have to wait for some points refund after the fact.
If you have any travel to plan in the coming months, then I’d say this is a great opportunity.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Virgin Atlantic’s award sale?