For the past several years, beVancouver has offered a pretty awesome promotion for discounted Vancouver hotel stays in the off season. Vancouver is a seasonal hotel market, as hotels are packed during the peak summer season, while they’re fairly quiet in the winter.
A similar promotion is back, though this year it seems to be with a different company, though the details are mostly the same. To help fill rooms during low season, StayVancouverHotels is offering $50-125 Amex pre-paid gift cards for a one night stay, and a $50 gift card for every subsequent night.
Here are the basic details of the promotion:
- You have to book your stay at StayVancouverHotels.com using promotion code “AMEX”
- 37 Vancouver-area hotels are participating in the promotion
- Valid for stays between now and February 28, 2019
- Bookings are pre-paid and non-cancellable
- You must pay with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express
- Each person can make a maximum of three bookings under this offer
- You receive a $50, $75, $100, or $125 Amex pre-paid gift card for the first night of your stay, depending on the category of hotel (all values in CAD)
- For each subsequent night on the same booking you receive an additional $50 Amex pre-paid gift card
- The gift cards can be used however you’d like, either to cover the cost of the hotel stay, or anywhere else Amex pre-paid gift cards are accepted
- “This offer is limited and may end at any time”
There are some really good deals to be had here, in particular for those who don’t care about earning elite credits or points for stays. In some cases you can get more than half of the cost of a stay back in gift cards, which is a pretty awesome opportunity.
I should stress again, though, that stays booked with this promotion are non-refundable, so be sure your trip is confirmed before you book.
Vancouver is one of my favorite cities in North America, and this promotion is definitely valuable for many. Be sure you consider everything before using the promo, though:
- If you’re staying at a chain hotel you won’t earn points for your stay, and in many cases won’t get elite credit, since you’re booking through a third party (in practice points may sometimes still post, but they’re not supposed to)
- For short stays at luxury hotels, keep in mind there are potentially a lot of value-add amenities you can get by booking through programs like American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, Virtuoso, etc., which could be worth more than the gift card
- The stay is non-refundable and pre-paid
This is a heck of a deal, and a way to get a hotel stay in Vancouver for a very reasonably price, often for more than half off.
Do you plan on using the promotion to get a great deal on a Vancouver hotel this winter?
(Tip of the hat to Points Miles And Bling)