It’s not unusual to see airlines and hotels partner, given that those who are frequent flyers are also more likely to be frequent hotel guests. While Qatar Airways and Accor have had a partnership for years, the two companies have just taken that cooperation to the next level, and it’s kind of awesome.
Qatar Airways & Accor partnership details
Qatar Airways Privilege Club and Accor Live Limitless (ALL) have announced an enhancement to their partnership. With this, it’ll be possible for members of either loyalty program to double dip with earning points, and to also take advantage of reciprocal points earning opportunities.
Reciprocal points earning opportunities
Qatar Airways Privilege Club and Accor Live Limitless members will receive reciprocal points earning opportunities when linking their accounts:
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club members can earn one Avios per €1 spent with Accor at participating brands, alongside the usual ALL Rewards points
- Accor Live Limitless members can earn one ALL Reward point for every $2 spent on eligible Qatar Airways flights, alongside the usual Qatar Airways Avios
Reciprocal elite status opportunities
Qatar Airways Privilege Club and Accor Live Limitless will offer reciprocal status fast track opportunities.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club elite members can have their status with Accor Live Limitless upgraded after one hotel stay:
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold members will get Accor Live Limitless Silver status
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum members will get Accor Live Limitless Gold status
Meanwhile Accor Live Limitless members can have their status with Qatar Airways Privilege Club upgraded after one eligible flight:
- Accor Live Limitless Gold members will get Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver status
- Accor Live Limitless Platinum members will get Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold status
- Accor Live Limitless Diamond members will get Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum status
Note that this is a one-time status fast track. With Qatar Airways Privilege Club, the status fast track is valid for 12 months, while with Accor Live Limitless the status fast track is valid for the calendar year in which it’s earned, and the following calendar year. After that you’ll have to renew based on the published criteria.
This is a great collaboration
This strategic partnership between Qatar Airways and Accor is pretty great, if you ask me. For one, you’ll be able to double dip with earning points on an ongoing basis, which is always a nice reward for loyal members of both programs. It makes travel with either brand more lucrative.
The reciprocal status opportunities are especially valuable. For example, top-tier Accor Live Limitless members can get top-tier status with Qatar Airways Privilege Club after just one flight, which will come with oneworld Emerald perks. That makes me wish I were an Accor Live Limitless Diamond member!
Qatar Airways Privilege Club and Accor Live Limitless are rolling out reciprocal loyalty perks, including the ability to double dip with earning points, plus the ability to get a status fast track with the other brand. This is a very nice collaboration, arguably even better than the one between American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt.
What do you make of this Qatar Airways and Accor partnership?