|Want to receive extra benefits for your stay at Montage Big Sky through Virtuoso, including complimentary breakfast, a hotel credit, a room upgrade, and more? Contact [email protected] for more details. He may be able to help if you already have a stay booked.|
While you won’t be able to redeem points for stays here, there’s a pretty cool new luxury hotel opening in the United States at the end of the year, which I think is worth highlighting.
Montage Big Sky Montana basics
Montage is a luxury hotel brand that sometimes flies under the radar — the company only has half a dozen hotels open, but they’re all highly regarded. The Montage Big Sky is scheduled to open on December 15, 2021, and it’s probably the most highly anticipated new ski resort in the United States (and it better be, given the $400 million price tag).
While Big Sky is known for its beautiful nature and top notch skiing, it’s a destination that doesn’t currently have any luxury hotels. That will be changing with the new Montage, which will feature 150 rooms and suites, as well as 39 residences.
This really will be a year-round destination, given the ski-in/ski-out access to Big Sky Resort in the winter, and the easy access to Yellowstone National Park in the summer, as it’s just a 45 minute drive away.
But the resort will be a destination in and of itself. Some of the amenities of the hotel will include:
- Spa Montage, a 10,000 square foot alpine-inspired spa featuring an indoor pool with a 3,000 square foot pool deck, 12 treatment rooms, styling stations, and manicure and pedicure stations
- A fitness center with cardio and strength training center, plus free weights
- An outdoor family pool
- Beartooth Bar & Rec, a bar and recreational area, featuring a bowling alley, darts, and more
- Several dining outlets, including Cortina (a signature restaurant serving Northern Italian cuisine), Backcast Bar & Grill (a barbecue and smokehouse), and Alpenglow (a lobby bar)
- A complimentary Cadillac Escalade transfer service within Big Sky
Big Sky is located about 50 miles from Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN), which features nonstop flights from many major US cities.
Montage Big Sky pricing & how to book
At the moment pricing at the Montage Big Sky is really steep, generally $1,500+ per night in winter and $800+ per night in summer (and on many dates it’s way more than that). I think we’ll eventually see some lower prices, though I’d note that:
- Often hotels are optimistic with pricing pre-opening
- At the moment there’s massive demand for domestic travel, with many people not wanting to deal with international testing requirements and constantly changing requirements; pricing in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and other hot vacation destinations, has increased significantly
- This will be the only luxury hotel in Big Sky, so the hotel will have quite a bit of pricing power, especially with the fanfare around the hotel’s opening
If you are going to book the Montage Big Sky, I’d highly recommend booking through a Virtuoso travel advisor (you can even do so online, or Ford is happy to help, and can be reached at [email protected]). You’ll generally pay the same rate you’d pay when booking directly with the hotel, and will receive the following additional amenities:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
- $100 resort credit to be used during the stay
- Early check-in & late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
The Montage Big Sky will open in late 2021, and should quickly become one of the most luxurious ski resorts in the United States. While most luxury United States ski resorts are in Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming, we’ll now see a great new option in Montana. The hotel looks gorgeous, from the location, to the incredible spa, to an indoor bowling alley.
Unfortunately Montage doesn’t have a loyalty program, so your best bet for booking the hotel is to go through a Virtuoso travel advisor, who can add perks like breakfast and a hotel credit. At the moment luxury hotels in the United States are priced as high as ever given the amount of demand and peoples’ preference to travel domestically, so hopefully we see rates drop a bit over time.
What do you make of the Montage Big Sky?
Want to receive extra benefits for your stay at Montage Big Sky through Virtuoso, including complimentary breakfast, a hotel credit, a room upgrade, and more? Contact [email protected] for more details. He may be able to help if you already have a stay booked.