National Emerald Club is one of the most popular car rental loyalty programs among frequent travelers, thanks to their Emerald Aisle system of being able to choose your own car, and also thanks to their generous promotions.
Well, National has just brought back their most popular promotion, “One Two Free.”
One Two Free Promotion Basics
The promotion is valid for rentals between August 22, 2019, and February 29, 2020. Registration is required prior to the first rental in order to qualify.
Through this promotion you earn a free one day rental after every two rentals in the US of a midsize or larger car lasting at least two days. There’s no limit to the number of free rentals you can earn. When it comes time to redeem, you can redeem up to three rental days per reservation through June 15, 2020.
Earn Additional Bonus Points
On top of the basic part of the promotion, there are ways to earn additional bonus points:
- Preregistered Rollover Points (U.S. Residents only): Targeted Preregistration offer to rollover points earned during the 2018 Promotion when you preregister for the 2019 Promotion. Targeted to U.S. registrants who earned 300–599 points, including points for rental activity, but never earned a Free Rental Day coupon during the 2018 ONE TWO FREE® promotion. Registrants who received a preregistration offer for the 2018 promotion are not eligible. Preregistration by 8/7/2019 required.
- Redeem a Free Rental Day (U.S. Residents only): Targeted Preregistration offer to earn a one-time bonus of 300 points when you redeem a Free Rental Day earned during the 2018 ONE TWO FREE® Promotion. Targeted to 2018 U.S. registrants who earned one Free Rental Day coupon during the 2018 promotion and rented without a redemption before 6/13/2019. Registrants who received preregistration rollover point for the 2018 promotion are not eligible. Preregistration by 8/7/2019 required.
- Mobile App Download: One-time bonus of 25 points when you download the National Car Rental® App.
- Mobile App Rental: 75 points when you reserve using the National Car Rental® App and complete the rental.
- Emerald Checkout: 50 points when you complete a rental using the Emerald Checkout feature via the National Car Rental® App.
- Take Our Survey: 50 points when you complete a brief Emerald Club® survey.
- Email Opt In: One-time bonus of 50 points when you opt in to receive Emerald Club® emails, which provide useful information, special offers and savings opportunities.
- World Traveler: One-time bonus of 300 points when you complete a rental in three different countries during the promotion.
- Complete 5 Bonus Opportunities: One-time bonus of 75 points when you complete any 5 available bonus opportunities on your dashboard.
- Complete 3 Rentals: One-time bonus of 100 points when you complete your third Qualifying Rental.
- Neighborhood Rental (U.S., LAC and Australia Residents only): 200 points when you rent with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at neighborhood locations (i.e., all locations other than airport locations). Limit to 3 bonuses for up to 600 points.
- Weekend Rental: One-time bonus of 100 points when you rent for 2-4 days with a Saturday night keep (in addition to the points you earn for completing a Qualifying Rental).
- Weeklong Rental: One-time bonus of 200 points when you rent for 5 days or more (in addition to the points you earn for completing a Qualifying Rental).
- Latin American or Caribbean Rental (U.S., Australia and New Zealand Residents only): 300 points when you rent at participating locations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Rent in Europe: 300 points when you rent at participating locations in Europe (through Enterprise Rent-A-Car®).
- Emerald Reserve Service: One-time bonus of 25 points when you access the Emerald Reserve Service to receive a specific car class — Convertible, Minivan, SUV or any other vehicle. Available only at major airports throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Add SiriusXM (U.S. Residents only): One-time bonus of 300 points when you add SiriusXM Satellite Radio to a Qualifying Rental at participating locations in the Continental U.S. (Additional fees apply).
- Surprise: One-time bonus of 100 points when you click on the Surprise bonus opportunity on your dashboard when it’s available.
Perks Of National Emerald Club
If you haven’t used Emerald Club in the past, the main benefit worth knowing is that you go directly to the car at most airports. You choose whatever car you like in your designated zone, and then present your credentials at the exit to the parking lot.
If you’ve ever stood at a rental counter during a busy time you can probably appreciate what a huge timesaver this is, and it’s definitely worth the few minutes it takes to sign up.
You also accrue credits towards free rentals, and as the program has expanded to more markets this becomes more valuable.
Shortcuts To Emerald Club Status
Alternatively, the American Express Platinum cards (both personal and business) also offer the option to enroll online, or you can call the number on the back of your card to activate Emerald Club Executive status. This includes all the Amex Platinum cards, and authorized users should be eligible as well:
One Two Free is arguably the best promotion in the car rental industry, and best of all it’s available for about six months. While I don’t rent cars often, I know this is a promotion that many get a lot of value out of.
Do you plan on taking advantage of the One Two Free promotion?