Marriott and Uber have just launched an exciting new partnership, giving Bonvoy members the ability to earn points for purchases with Uber.
How the Marriott & Uber partnership works
Starting today, members of Marriott Bonvoy can earn points when ordering food delivery with Uber Eats and requesting select Uber rides.
This partnership is only available in the United States, and you must link your Marriott Bonvoy and Uber accounts in the Uber app to start automatically earning points on all eligible transactions.
Funny enough, Marriott Bonvoy is calling this a “first of its kind collaboration,” though really Starwood Preferred Guest was the pioneer here, which was truly innovative at the time. However, that partnership ended years ago.
How many Marriott Bonvoy points can you earn with Uber?
With this partnership, you can earn 2-6x Bonvoy points per dollar spent with Uber, depending on the type of transaction (for context, I value Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents each):
- Earn 6x Bonvoy points per dollar spent on Uber Eats deliveries to hotels operating under the Marriott brand with a minimum $25 basket; I value that at an incremental 4.2% return
- Earn 2x Bonvoy points per dollar spent on non-hotel deliveries and food pick-ups with a minimum $25 basket; I value that at an incremental 1.4% return
- Earn 3x Bonvoy points on Uber XL, Comfort, and Black rides; I value that at an incremental 2.1% return
There’s no limit on how many points you can earn through this partnership, and the eligible spending amount will be calculated after any promotions and discounts are applied, and won’t include taxes, fees, and tips.
Earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points for linking your accounts
Marriott Bonvoy members who link their accounts and have at least one qualifying transaction by May 31, 2021, will receive 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points. I value those points at ~$14, so that’s a very nice return for a single transaction.
To link your Marriott Bonvoy and Uber accounts, log into the Uber app:
- Tap the menu on the top left corner
- Then click “Settings”
- Scroll down to tap “Marriott Bonvoy” under the rewards section
- Tap “Link Account”
- Then log into your Marriott Bonvoy account
My take on the Marriott & Uber partnership
Personally my approach to both ridesharing and food delivery has changed significantly in the past couple of years. Back in the day I’d use Uber for ridesharing and Postmates for food delivery, while nowadays:
- I use Lyft for ridesharing thanks to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Lyft Pink partnership — not only do I get a 15% discount thanks to Lyft Pink, but I also earn 10x Ultimate Rewards points on this spending, which I value at a further 17% return; on top of that I earn Hilton Honors points for my Lyft spending, which is awesome
- I use Uber Eats for food delivery, since I’ve found service to be better than through Postmates, and I can use my Amex Platinum credits
This new partnership won’t actually change my behavior, since Lyft’s pricing and points earning opportunities are so much better than Uber’s for ridesharing. However, I’ll absolutely take bonus Marriott Bonvoy points for my food delivery spending.
By the way, I also find it pretty telling the extent to which Marriott is rewarding Uber Eats deliveries to Marriott hotels, rather than rewarding ridesharing to Marriott hotels. In the past this would have been considered competition to room service, but with many hotels clearly not planning on resuming full service even post-pandemic, I guess Marriott thinks this is a good way to condition people to start ordering food from outside hotels.
Marriott and Uber have launched a cool new partnership, giving Bonvoy members the ability to earn points for both rideshare and food delivery spending with Uber. You can earn 2-6x Bonvoy points, which I value at a ~1.4-4.2% return.
It’s great to see collaborations like this, as this will earn many Bonvoy members a lot of points.
What do you make of the new Marriott & Uber partnership?