Last night I stumbled upon a YouTube Short that I can’t stop thinking about. I’m curious if anyone can make more sense of this than I can?
In this post:
This YouTube Short is messing with my mind…
A YouTube user uploaded a YouTube Short with the title “what I ate on a ten hour flight with air Lufthansa from London to Calgary.” The video is 59 seconds, so if you have a moment, watch it for yourself.
The title intrigued me, since Lufthansa doesn’t actually fly to Calgary (let alone nonstop from London), so I clicked on the video to learn more. Well, that was a mistake, because it only increased my level of confusion.
So here’s my thought process as I went through the video:
- She shows Heathrow Terminal 3, which isn’t where Lufthansa departs from, and it’s also not where WestJet departs from (which… is relevant)
- Then she shows her seat, which is most definitely not a Lufthansa seat, but instead it’s a WestJet Boeing 787 economy seat
- Then all the food and other inflight services shown are indeed from WestJet, so obviously she was just confused, and she was flying WestJet and not Lufthansa… fair enough!
- But wait, at the end of the video, she shows the “cute chocolate” that was handed out on the flight, which is Lufthansa branded
What is actually going on here?!?
I’m absolutely not trying to pick on this rather. Quite to the contrary, as an avgeek, I want to commend her for possibly publishing the world’s greatest avgeek puzzle. If I were to create a video to make you all confused as heck, I’m not sure I could do much better than this. I suspect these are some honest mistakes and this isn’t the case of an avgeek pulling our leg, but there’s so much in this video I can’t make sense of?
- How does Terminal 3 fit into this, when Lufthansa departs from Terminal 2 and WestJet departs from Terminal 4?
- The wing view clearly shows she was flying the WestJet 787 nonstop from London to Calgary (based on the landscape and wing), so this wasn’t a case of connecting from Lufthansa to WestJet
- The picture of the Lufthansa chocolate is in a glass jet bridge, so does anyone know if Calgary Airport has glass jet bridges? I don’t believe so, so I’m wondering if this was just from a totally unrelated flight that somehow made its way into the video (and caused her to believe she was flying Lufthansa), or what…
The best theory I can come up with here is that she somehow just incorporated aspects of all parts of her Europe trip into this video, regardless of whether or not they were related to this flight. Maybe she arrived at Terminal 3 at the start of her trip, then she took a flight within Europe on Lufthansa and got the chocolate, and somehow that made it all into the return flight review.
I can’t stop trying to make sense of a YouTube Short about a “Lufthansa” transatlantic flight, because there’s so much throwing me off.
Can anyone help?