IHG Rewards Club is offering a limited time status fast track. This fast track challenge is pretty easy to complete, but then again, IHG status isn’t exactly the most valuable in the world.
IHG Platinum status after five nights
With a newly launched offer, you can earn status in the IHG Rewards Club program quite easily:
- Stay two nights within 90 days of registration to earn Gold status through December 2022
- Stay five nights within 90 days of registration to earn Platinum status through December 2022
A few more things to note:
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay
- This promotion is valid for registration through August 31, 2021, and stays through November 28, 2021, so you’ll want to time this well based on your planned stays, given the 90 day window
- A qualifying stay includes all paid nights booked directly with IHG, as long as the rate is at least $30 (award nights don’t qualify)
- You can combine this with other offers, including IHG’s current global promotion
- This is a fast track offer and not a status match or status challenge, so there’s no requirement to have elite status with a competitor to take advantage of this
Earn IHG Platinum status after just five nights
This is a good offer, but IHG Rewards Club is weak
If you don’t have status with IHG Rewards Club and were going to stay at IHG properties anyway, then this promotion could definitely be worth taking advantage of. However, I’d note a couple of things:
- If you have access to US credit cards you can get IHG Platinum status just for having the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card (review), which is a card that’s worth having in general
- Don’t get too excited about IHG status, as benefits are very weak; expect bonus points, marginal upgrades, and late check-out subject to availability, but there is no breakfast benefit, and most other benefits aren’t guaranteed
I find IHG Rewards Club status to be useful for when I stay at IHG properties (which is only when they’re the most convenient option, or by far the best deal), but otherwise I usually avoid IHG properties.
Don’t get too excited about elite benefits as an IHG Platinum member
IHG Rewards Club has launched a new status fast track opportunity, allowing members to earn Platinum status after just five nights within 90 days. This is a pretty easy opportunity since you don’t even need status with another program.
However, don’t get too excited about IHG elite benefits either, as they’re among the weakest of any major hotel loyalty program.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this IHG Rewards Club status fast track?