The Amex Offers program often has promotions that can save you money on hotel stays. We frequently see offers with Hilton and Marriott, since these are also Amex co-branded credit card partners. We’ve now also just seen an offer roll out for IHG hotel stays, which is pretty awesome.
Spend $200+ with IHG, get $40 back
There’s a targeted Amex Offers deal for stays at IHG family properties over the next few months:
- Save $40 when you spend $200+ across one or more transactions (up to 20% back)
- This is valid when you pay for your stay between June 3 and August 31, 2022
- This is valid for stays at properties in the US and US territories
- This offer excludes stays at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas, The Palazzo at the Venetian Resort Las Vegas, IHG Army Hotels, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties
- This offer excludes gift card purchases and purchases of IHG One Rewards points
- The terms state that you need to book directly with IHG to take advantage of this
- You can combine this with any promotion being offered directly by IHG, including any IHG One Rewards global promotion
- Registration is required
Why this offer is noteworthy
For the most part, Amex Offers deals just repeat themselves over time, so you’ll see a similar offer at least once a year, and often even a few times per year. In this case, this is the first time that we’ve just seen a generic Amex Offers deal like this for IHG properties.
We’ve seen offers specifically for Kimpton and InterContinental, but that excluded all of IHG’s more budget-friendly brands. So seeing an offer this generic is pretty awesome. The new IHG One Rewards program was recently launched, which is a huge improvement over the old program. IHG Platinum and IHG Diamond status offer new benefits, including access to Milestone Rewards.
With a new targeted Amex Offers deal, you can save $40 when you spend $200+ at an IHG property in the United States this summer. It’s nice to see Amex finally offering a “generic” deal for IHG stays, rather than just one specific to luxury properties.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Amex Offers deal?