For those of you not familiar with Amex Offers, it’s a program available through most Amex cards, where different cards are eligible for different savings and bonus offers. In many cases the offers can be huge, and more than offset the annual fee on a card.
To view Amex Offers, go to the bottom of the account summary page of any American Express card, where you’ll see all the offers you’re eligible for. These offers come in different forms, including discounts and even in some cases bonus points.
Over the years we’ve seen quite a few offers for Hilton stays, given the longstanding partnership between American Express and Hilton. Usually we see one or maybe two offers introduced at the same time, but Amex and Hilton have just rolled out five new Amex Offers covering seven Hilton brands.
First of all, keep in mind that these offers are targeted, so different accounts will be targeted for different offers.
However, in total it seems like the following offers are available:
- Hilton Garden Inn — spend $175, get $30 back (expires June 30, 2019)
- DoubleTree by Hilton — spend $225, get $45 back (expires May 31, 2019)
- Hilton — spend $250, get $50 back (expires May 30, 2019)
- Homewood Suites & Home2 Suites by Hilton — spend $250, get $50 back (expires May 31, 2019)
- Waldorf Astoria & Conrad — spend $500, get $100 back (expires June 30, 2019)
Note the general restrictions associated with these offers (you’ll want to consult each individual T&Cs for full details):
- This is only valid for stays at US properties
- You have to book directly with Hilton (through their website, app, or by phone) to qualify for the offer
- You need to be charged during the promotion period to qualify
- This is based on cumulative spend at a particular brand over the promotion period, so you can qualify for the cash back based on multiple stays
- Registration is required, and is limited, so you’ll want to register as soon as possible
As you can see, these promotions represent discounts of 17-20% in certain increments. This is of course combinable with the points you’d usually earn for credit card spend at Hilton hotels, and is also combinable with the points you usually earn through Hilton Honors.
Hilton’s current global promotion runs through May 4, 2019, and offers 2,000 bonus points per stay, plus 10,000 bonus points every five stays or 10 nights, whichever comes first.
Were you targeted for any of these Hilton offers, and if so, do you plan on taking advantage of them?