Fogo Island Inn is a hotel that’s near and dear to my heart. Ford and I first stayed at the hotel in 2017 (read my review here), and we loved it so much that we decided to get married here in 2018. If you’re considering a stay at Fogo Island Inn, I wanted to cover the basics of the property, talk about the rates, and also share the best way to go about booking (which is through a Virtuoso travel advisor).
Why Fogo Island Inn is so special
I’ve been lucky enough to stay at a lot of luxury hotels over the years, though there’s not another hotel I’ve stayed at that’s as special as Fogo Island Inn. The 29-room inn is located on Fogo Island in Newfoundland — it’s essentially an island off an island. While it’s quite a trek to get to, it’s unlike anything else in the world once you’re there.
Fogo Island Inn is a social enterprise, so it’s not for profit. Rather it’s intended to keep Fogo Island on the map for years to come, and to provide employment and opportunities for locals. Despite that, this is one of the most incredible luxury travel experiences you could ever have, from the phenomenal local food, to the outrageously friendly people, to jaw-dropping views.
This truly is a place that you go to disconnect, and you’ll appreciate the world in a whole new way after a visit.
Fogo Island Inn rates for 2022 & 2023
Fogo Island Inn has consistent rates throughout the year, so here’s the nightly pricing by room type based on double occupancy (all prices are in CAD):
- Labrador Rooms on the 1st floor cost $2,575 in 2022 and $2,875 in 2023
- Labrador Rooms on the 2nd floor cost $2,775 in 2022 and $3,075 in 2023
- Labrador Rooms on the 3rd floor cost $3,175 in 2022 and $3,475 in 2023
- Newfoundland Rooms cost $3,675 in 2022 and $4,075 in 2023
- Fogo Island Family Suites cost $4,475 in 2022 and $4,975 in 2023
- The Fogo Island Family Loft Suite costs $4,875 in 2022 and $5,275 in 2023
- The Fogo Island Loft Suite costs $4,875 in 2022 and $5,275 in 2023
- The Fogo Island Sunrise Suite costs $5,075 in 2022 and $5,575 in 2023
- The Fogo Island Sunset Suite costs $5,075 in 2022 and $5,575 in 2023
- The Flat Earth Suite has pricing available upon request
- There’s a three night minimum stay in 2022 and 2023 (except May through October 2023, when there’s a four night minimum)
- Rates are based on double occupancy, and solo travelers receive a $200 per night reduction
- The above rates don’t include 15% sales tax
What’s included with stays at Fogo Island Inn
While Fogo Island Inn isn’t cheap, stays here are more or less all inclusive. Rates at Fogo Island Inn include:
- All meals, including non-alcoholic drinks
- A half-day island orientation with a local host
- Most excursions
- Laundry services, bicycles, snacks, etc.
Essentially the only thing that isn’t included is alcohol.
How to get the best deal at Fogo Island Inn
The best way to book your stay at Fogo Island Inn is through a travel advisor who is affiliated with Virtuoso. You won’t pay anything extra for booking through a Virtuoso advisor, and you’ll receive the following additional perks:
- A rate discount (we’re talking a slight discount, but still, it’s lower than the published rate)
- A $100 property credit once per stay (which can be used towards alcohol, primarily)
- An upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
Booking through a Virtuoso travel advisor is a no-brainer, and gets you the best value. Ford is more than happy to help with these bookings, and can be reached at [email protected] On top of that he has stayed at the hotel multiple times, so can answer any questions you may have about the experience.
I’ve been to a lot of incredible hotels, but Fogo Island Inn is one of my favorite places I’ve ever stayed. This is simply unlike any other luxury hospitality experience you’ll have, and I can’t recommend a visit to Fogo Island enough.
While Fogo Island Inn is pricey, rates do include all meals and most activities, so you won’t spend much out of pocket while on property. If you want to get the best value, I’d recommend booking through a Virtuoso travel advisor, so you can score perks like a discount, a room upgrade, a property credit, and more. Ford is more than happy to help with those requests, and can be reached at [email protected]