Southwest Rapid Rewards is offering a potentially lucrative promotion for flights booked this weekend…
Southwest offering 2x Rapid Rewards points
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards has a promotion offering double points for newly booked flights:
- Registration is required between June 16 and June 18, 2023, and prior to travel
- You must book your flight between June 16 and June 18, 2023
- You must fly between June 16 and October 31, 2023
- There’s no limit to how many bonus Rapid Rewards points you can earn
- Bonus Rapid Rewards points will post to your account within 72 hours of completing travel
While previously booked tickets don’t qualify, keep in mind that Southwest doesn’t have any change fees. So if you booked a ticket and the fare hasn’t changed, you can always rebook to take advantage of this offer.
How lucrative is this Southwest promotion?
How rewarding is this Southwest Rapid Rewards promotion? With this offer, you’d earn the following number of points:
- Rapid Rewards members ordinarily earn 12x points on Business Select fares, so will now earn 24x points
- Rapid Rewards members ordinarily earn 10x points on Anytime fares, so will now earn 20x points
- Rapid Rewards members ordinarily earn 8x points on Wanna Get Away Plus fares, so will now earn 16x points
- Rapid Rewards members ordinarily earn 5x points on Wanna Get Away fares, so will now earn 10x points
Southwest Rapid Rewards is a revenue based frequent flyer program, and personally I value these points at ~1.2 cents each. So by my valuations, you’re getting an incremental 6-14% return on your spending with this promotion. That’s a pretty substantial bonus.
Also keep in mind that this doesn’t include the credit card rewards you earn for airfare spending, which can add up even more.
Southwest Airlines is offering double points for Rapid Rewards members who book flights this weekend for travel through October 31. This is potentially a generous promotion, especially given that many people can probably rebook travel to take advantage of this. Personally I value this offer at an incremental 6-14% return.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Southwest double points promotion?