Marriott Bonvoy has brought back its Week of Wonders promotion. Don’t get too excited, though…
The basics of Marriott’s Week of Wonders
Marriott Bonvoy Week of Wonders runs from October 6 through October 13, 2022, so it’s live for the next week. As it’s described, this is intended “to satisfy wanderlust with exclusive offers, opportunities for discounts on room rates, options to earn bonus points towards free stays, and capabilities to redeem incredible experiences through Marriott Bonvoy Moments.”
So, what kinds of offers are we seeing over the coming week?
- Wonders of Escape: Members can get 20% off at over 5,900 hotels and resorts across the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio
- Wonders of Exploration: Members can earn double the points on travel experiences booked through Marriott Bonvoy Tours & Activities
- Wonders of Discovery: Travelers can book their next hotel award redemption for up to 15% off at over 4,500 properties worldwide for stays through October 31, 2022
- Wonders of Unwinding: Members can take advantage of 15% off at All-Inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy resorts
- Wonders of Inspiration: Members can earn double points and double elite nights on any of the 76,000+ homes available with Homes & Villas by Marriott International
- Wonders of More: Members can buy points with up to a 50% bonus, which is an opportunity to acquire points for 0.83 cents each
- Wonders of Comfort: Members can save up to 35% on candle purchases with the Marriott Bonvoy boutique
- Wonders of Extraordinary: Members can take advantage of special Marriott Bonvoy Moments experiences
- Wonders of Luxury: Members can receive up to a $300 resort credit at select luxury properties
My take on Marriott’s Week of Wonders promotion
Is there any value in Week of Wonders? Well, we’re all different, so it depends who you ask. Personally I find the execution of this promotion to be pretty disappointing, as it’s clearly about quantity rather than quality. It seems like Marriott is really grasping at straws:
- Marriott’s existing global promotion is being marketed as part of Week of Wonders, even though it’s nothing new
- Maybe it’s just me, but I have a hard time getting excited about 35% off candles; Marriott couldn’t even offer discounts on more boutique items?
- Marriott Bonvoy is offering up to 15% off award stays at select properties, though you have to stay by the end of October; the execution of this seems supremely stingy, not to mention you don’t know if you’re saving anything, since Marriott has dynamic award pricing
- Marriott Bonvoy has a points sale, where you can buy points with a 50% bonus, which is an opportunity to acquire them for 0.83 cents each; that’s probably the best value of the bunch, but then again, Marriott offers promotions on buying points throughout the year, so this isn’t that special
Marriott Bonvoy Week of Wonders is back, offering a variety of promotions for Bonvoy members. Most of these aren’t anything to get too excited about, in my opinion. However, some may appreciate the opportunity to save on points redemptions (for stays in the near future), or to buy points at a discount.
This promotion is very much getting into “why even bother?” territory, if you ask me.
Are there any Marriott Week of Wonders promotions you’re excited about?