LifeMiles is an incredibly useful Star Alliance frequent flyer program, and one of my favorite programs for redeeming miles. Fortunately the miles are easy to accrue, between LifeMiles’ frequent promotions on buying miles, plus the program partnering with major transferable points currencies.
LifeMiles has a special redemption promotion right now for OMAAT readers, which I think some people will find to be useful…
In this post:
Save 10% on LifeMiles award redemptions
Between December 14 and December 28, 2023, LifeMiles is offering a promotion on purchased miles. The program is now incentivizing purchasing miles in a unique way.
OMAAT readers who register can receive 10% of their redeemed miles back if they purchase any number of miles with the current promotion. As you’d expect, there are some terms to be aware of:
- You’re eligible for this as long as you purchase some number of miles with the current offer that’s available December 14 through December 28, 2023
- You can then receive 10% of miles on all awards that you book by December 28, 2023; this promotion applies both for travel on Star Alliance partners and Avianca
- The awards must be for travel between February 1 and May 31, 2024
- You can receive the 10% of miles back on multiple redemptions, as long as all eligible travel is during that period
- It’s fine if you’ve already purchased miles during this promotion period and redeemed them, as long as you register at this link
For example, if you bought 1,000 miles with the current promotion and then registered at this link:
- If you on December 25 redeem 63,000 LifeMiles for a TAP Air Portugal business class award from the United States to Europe for travel on April 1, you’d get 6,300 miles back a week after your trip is completed
- If you on December 28 redeem 40,000 LifeMiles for an All Nippon Airways economy award from the United States to Japan for travel on May 1, you’d get 4,000 miles back a week after your trip is completed
Others are of course free to share this link as well. For the record, I’m not getting any sort of a kickback from LifeMiles, but rather I’m just happy to be able to offer value to readers.
Basics of LifeMiles’ promotion on buying miles
As mentioned above, through December 28, 2023, LifeMiles is offering a promotion on buying miles. Different members are being targeted for different offers, though it appears that the most common offers are for a bonus of up to 150-175%. LifeMiles ordinarily charges 3.3 cents per mile, meaning that:
- With a 150% bonus, you’d pay 1.32 cents per mile
- With a 175% bonus, you’d pay 1.2 cents per mile
These are really attractive prices, given LifeMiles’ excellent redemption rates on Star Alliance partner airlines. Of course with this promotion there could be value in just picking up 1,000 miles, so that you can then unlock a bigger discount on redemptions.
Not only is LifeMiles currently offering up to a 175% bonus on purchased miles, but the program is also offering OMAAT readers who register a 10% redemption discount.
Admittedly this comes with some terms — you need to actually redeem by December 28, 2023, and need to travel between February 1 and May 31, 2024, and then you’ll receive the miles back about a week after travel. There’s a lot of value to be had here, if you’re able to plan travel for next year.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this LifeMiles award sale?