JetBlue is currently celebrating its 22nd birthday, and the airline is offering a different deal each day this week. Today JetBlue is offering double points to those with a co-branded JetBlue credit card, though there are some restrictions and hoops to jump through.
Earn double points on JetBlue bookings
Today only, those with a JetBlue credit card can earn double points on their flight purchase when paying with their credit card:
- This is only valid for flight purchases on Thursday, February 10, 2022
- Those with the JetBlue Plus Card or JetBlue Business Card can earn 12x points on JetBlue flight purchases (compared to 6x points), up to a maximum of 12,000 points (which would be reached after spending $1,000)
- Those with the JetBlue Rewards Card can earn 8x points on JetBlue flight purchases (compared to 4x points), up to a maximum of 8,000 points (which would be reached after spending $1,000)
- Eligible purchases include those billed by JetBlue, including through jetblue.com, JetBlue’s reservations center, JetBlue Vacations, and JetBlue airport ticket counters
- Bonus points will appear on your credit card statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion
How valuable is this promotion?
If you do have a JetBlue credit card, earning double credit card points on JetBlue purchases today could be a great deal. Keep in mind that JetBlue doesn’t have change fees anymore (except for Blue Basic fares), so if you booked a ticket and the fare hasn’t changed, it could be worth rebooking.
Personally I value TrueBlue points at 1.3 cents each. To crunch some numbers:
- I value an incremental 6x points at a 7.8% return
- That’s in addition to the 6x points you usually earn on your card, plus the 6x points you earn on most fare types booked directly with JetBlue
- That means those paying with a co-branded credit card could be earning 18x points per dollar spent with JetBlue today, and that’s not even factoring in any Mosaic points bonuses
As part of its birthday celebration, JetBlue is offering those with a co-branded credit card double points on JetBlue purchases today, for up to $1,000 in spending. This is an opportunity to earn up to 12x TrueBlue points on your JetBlue purchases today with a credit card, not factoring in the points you usually earn directly with JetBlue.
If you have any upcoming travel on JetBlue and are a co-brand credit card holder, definitely consider this offer.
Will you take advantage of JetBlue’s double points promo?