IHG One Rewards has today launched its new global promotion, for which registration opened a couple of weeks ago. Let’s take a look at the details of this offer — I’d say it’s better than nothing, but that’s about it.
In this post:
IHG One Rewards’ fall 2023 promotion details
IHG One Rewards’ global fall promotion offers members 2,000 bonus points after every two nights stayed. As you’d expect, there are some details to be aware of:
- The promotion is valid for stays between October 12 and December 31, 2023
- There is no booking deadline, so nights consumed anytime during the promotion period are eligible, as long as you register in time
- All paid nights booked directly with IHG qualify for this promotion, as long as the nightly rate is at least $30 (award nights don’t qualify)
- There’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn with this promotion
- The nights don’t have to be consecutive, so you’re rewarded the same whether you make one stay of two nights or two stays of one night
- Bonus points will post up to six weeks after an eligible stay
How lucrative is this IHG One Rewards promo?
IHG’s fall promotion is better than nothing, but that’s about it. You’re basically earning an average of 1,000 bonus points per night across stays. For what it’s worth, I value IHG points at ~0.5 cents each, so that means you’re getting the equivalent of a ~$5 return for each night you stay.
This bonus is in addition to the standard points earning rates with IHG One Rewards, which are as follows:
- IHG offers 10x points per dollar spent at most brands, and 5x points per dollar spent at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites
- IHG members receive bonus points — Silver members receive a 20% bonus, Gold members receive a 40% bonus, Platinum members receive a 60% bonus, and Diamond members receive a 100% bonus
- If you pay with the IHG One Rewards Premier Credit Card (review) or IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card (review), you earn 10x IHG bonus points per dollar spent
IHG One Rewards has just launched its fall 2023 promotion. With this, you can earn 2,000 bonus points after every two nights. If you’re like me and value IHG points at 0.5 cents each, that’s like an additional return of $5 per night with IHG. That’s better than nothing, but not a reason to shift any stays to IHG, in my opinion.
What do you make of IHG One Rewards’ global promotion?