The Amex Offers program sometimes offers savings or bonus points on flight purchases, which can represent a great deal. We’ve just seen a new offer introduced, which seems to primarily be targeted at those with a co-branded Delta Amex card.
Save $75 on a Delta Air Lines purchase
A new targeted Amex Offers deal has just been rolled out, which offers a $75 statement credit when you spend $250+ on a Delta purchase. This is valid for purchases through October 6, 2023.
That’s the equivalent of up to 30% back on Delta spending (if spending exactly $250), which is awesome. There are some basic conditions to this offer that are worth being aware of:
- You need to spend $250, but it can be in multiple transactions
- If you make a flight purchase, the flight must be operated by Delta, and must be booked directly through Delta, whether on the website, app, or by phone
- If you make a flight purchase, the flight must originate in the United States, and be charged in USD
- You must book by October 6, 2023, though there’s no need to actually travel by then
- The offer is valid for the purchase of airfare, upgrades, seat selection fees, baggage fees, standby fees, and Delta Sky Club memberships
- The offer excludes purchases of onboard food, beverages, and Wi-Fi, standalone hotel bookings and car rentals through delta.com, purchases through third parties or affiliated agents, Delta Vacations, Delta Dive, Delta Cargo, On Demand Charter services, Delta Flight Museum, Delta SkyMiles Marketplace purchases, SkyMiles experiences, SkyMiles Cruises, Delta Meeting Network, gift card purchases, and charitable donations
Keep in mind that since Delta no longer has change fees on most kinds of fares, you could always book a ticket soon to take advantage of this offer, and then use the credit toward a future flight.
This seems to be targeted at Delta Amex cards
Often it’s possible to see Amex Offers deals on several of your cards, so you always want to be strategic about which card you add it to. That’s because when you add it to one card, you’ll no longer be able to add it to other cards.
Best I can tell, in this case the Amex Offers deal is specifically targeted at co-branded Delta Amex cards, so you won’t have that much of a choice.
Ordinarily I recommend adding any airfare Amex Offers deals to The Platinum Card® from American Express (review). That’s because the card offers 5x Membership Rewards points on airfare up to $500,000 on flight purchases per calendar year, and then 1x points. I value Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, so to me that’s the equivalent of an 8.5% return on spending right there. However, in this case I don’t think the card is eligible for that offer.
There’s a new targeted Amex Offers deal that can save you $75 on a Delta purchase. This is an excellent deal, and when you factor in the statement credit and value of points, this can potentially get you quite a bit of value when spending $250+ with Delta.
If you have any upcoming travel to plan, be sure to check your Amex account to see if you’re eligible for this offer.
Were you targeted for this offer, and if so, do you plan on taking advantage of it?