Choice Privileges has just launched its latest promotion. The program’s previous promotion ended last week, so it’s nice to see how short the gap is between the two offers. While probably not a reason to switch any stays to Choice, it’s worth taking advantage of if you were planning such a stay anyway.
In this post:
Choice promo: earn 8,000 points after two stays
Choice Privileges is offering up to 8,000 points after every two stays between September 12 and November 6, 2023, and there’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn. Here are the basic terms to be aware of:
- Registration is required prior to the check-out of your first stay
- Members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 bonus points and a maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on the number of base points earned from the two stays
- Only bookings made directly with Choice (through the app, website, or by phone) qualify
- A qualifying stay is one that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points, except stays booked at rates below 40USD per night, reward night stays, etc.
- You must set your earnings preference to Choice Privileges points in order to qualify
- Points should post within 72 hours of an eligible check-out
- Choice properties in the following countries are excluded from this promotion: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia
- You can earn the bonus multiple times
What makes Choice promotions unique
One thing that makes Choice Privileges promotions different than others is that the number of bonus points you earn varies based on how many base points you earn for a stay.
Choice Privileges isn’t offering 8,000 bonus points after every two stays, but rather the program will adjust the points you earn after two stays so that you have 8,000 points, including the base points you earn.
Choice ordinarily offers 10 points per dollar spent, so if you made two one night stays that cost $100 each, you’d earn 6,000 bonus points, for example. If the two stays you make happen to be especially expensive, you do earn a minimum of 5,000 bonus points after every two stays.
How much are Choice points worth?
Everyone will value points differently, though personally I conservatively value Choice Privileges points at ~0.6 cents each. Choice Privileges ordinarily awards 10x points per dollar spent, and that doesn’t include elite bonuses or credit card rewards for hotel spending.
Choice Privileges doesn’t have a formal award chart, but in general award pricing ranges from 6,000 to 35,000 points per night. In Asia-Pacific, some properties cost up to 75,000 points per night. On top of that, Choice Privileges has a partnership with Preferred Hotels & Resorts, which is a group of over 500 luxury independent properties around the globe.
You can redeem Choice Privileges points for stays here, and the hotels cost anywhere from 25,000 to 55,000 points per night. You can find participating hotels and award costs here, though note that you have to call Choice Privileges to actually redeem points this way. There are some participating hotels where you can get significant value redeeming this way.
Choice Privileges is offering a fall 2023 promotion, valid for stays over the coming weeks. Through November 6, 2023, you can earn a total of up to 8,000 points after every two stays. This translates to a return of $19-30 per stay, by my valuation. Given how inexpensive many Choice properties are, that’s potentially a solid deal, especially for one night stays.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Choice’s fall 2023 promotion?