Choice Privileges has just revealed the details of its next major promotion, which launches in the coming days. While probably not a reason to switch any stays to Choice, it’s worth taking advantage of if you were planning such a stay already.
Choice Privileges fall 2021 promotion
Through the end of the year, Choice Privileges is offering double points on stays at most brands.
Here are the basic terms to be aware of:
- This promotion is valid for stays between November 29 and December 31, 2021
- Registration is required prior to the check-out of your first stay
- Only bookings made directly with Choice (through the app, website, or by phone) qualify
- A qualifying stay is one that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points, except stays booked at rates below 40USD per night, reward night stays, stays with employee rates, etc.
- Stays at WoodSpring Suites and Ascend Hotel Collection all-inclusive resorts are not eligible
- You must set your earnings preference to Choice Privileges points in order to qualify
- Points should post within 72 hours of an eligible check-out
- Choice properties in the following countries are excluded from this promotion: Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia
- In order to be eligible, you must have a Choice Privileges account registered in one of the following regions: the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, participating countries in Central America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore
- You can earn an unlimited number of bonus points with this promotion, there’s no minimum stay requirement, and the bonus kicks in starting with your first stay
For context, Choice Privileges members ordinarily earn 10x points per dollar spent, not factoring in elite bonuses (of 10-50%) or credit card rewards. That means that with this promotion you’d earn an incremental 10 points for every eligible dollar spent at a hotel.
How much are Choice points worth?
Everyone will value points differently, though personally I conservatively value Choice Privileges points at ~0.6 cents each. That means this promotion offers an incremental ~6% return on stays at Choice hotels. That’s a nice additional reward, though not necessarily a reason to shift all that many stays to Choice.
Choice Privileges doesn’t have a formal award chart, but in general award pricing ranges from 6,000 to 35,000 points per night. In Asia-Pacific, some properties cost up to 75,000 points per night. On top of that, Choice Privileges has a partnership with Preferred Hotels & Resorts, which is a group of over 500 luxury independent properties around the globe.
You can redeem Choice Privileges points for stays here, and the hotels cost anywhere from 25,000 to 55,000 points per night. You can find participating hotels and award costs here, though note that you have to call Choice Privileges to actually redeem points this way. There are some participating hotels where you can get significant value redeeming this way.
Choice Privileges has revealed the details of its last major promotion of 2021, offering double points on stays at most brands. This offers Choice Privileges members an additional 10x points per dollar spent, which I personally value at an incremental 6% return.
This is a solid promotion, but at the same time I’m not sure it’s a reason to switch any stays to Choice.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Choice’s fall 2021 promotion?