The Amex Offers program sometimes offers savings or bonus points on flight purchases, which can represent a great deal. We’ve just seen a new offer introduced that can save you money on the cost of an Alaska Airlines purchase — this could be a good opportunity.
Save $100 on an Alaska Airlines purchase
A new targeted Amex Offers deal has just been rolled out, which offers a $100 statement credit when you spend $500+ on an Alaska Airlines flight. This is valid for purchases through November 14, 2022.
That’s the equivalent of up to 20% back on an Alaska Airlines flight (if spending exactly $500), which is awesome. There are some basic conditions to this offer that are worth being aware of:
- You need to spend $500, but it can be in multiple transactions
- You have to make your purchase directly with Alaska Airlines, either via alaskaair.com or the Alaska Airlines mobile app
- If you make a flight purchase, the flight must originate in the United States, and be charged in USD
- You need to be charged for your flight purchase by November 14, 2022, but there’s no need to actually travel by then
- The offer excludes inflight spending, flights booked via third parties, electronic gift cards, hotels, car services, packages, travel insurance, Alaska Lounge membership purchases and day passes, and the purchase of points & miles
Keep in mind that Alaska Airlines no longer has change fees on everything except Saver fares, so you could always book a $500+ ticket, and if your plans change, that balance would stay in your Alaska Airlines wallet.
Ideally you’ll see this offer on the Amex Platinum
It’s possible you’ll see this offer on several cards, though ideally you’ll have it on The Platinum Card® from American Express (review). That’s because the card offers 5x Membership Rewards points on airfare. I value Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, so to me that’s the equivalent of an 8.5% return on spending right there.
When you add up both the $100 statement credit and value of the 5x points, you’re potentially looking at getting close to 30% back on $500 worth of Alaska Airlines spending. I continue to be so impressed by how much value Amex Offers adds to Amex cards, as in many cases these offers alone more than justify the annual fees on cards.
There’s a new targeted Amex Offers deal that can save you $100 on an Alaska Airlines purchase of $500 or more. This is an excellent deal, especially since the airline no longer has change fees on most types of fares.
If you have any upcoming travel to plan, be sure to check your Amex account to see if you’re eligible for this offer.
Were you targeted for this offer, and if so, do you plan on taking advantage of it?