Choice Privileges has just rolled out their latest promotion for summer hotel stays, which is almost identical to the promotion that was offered this spring.
Choice promo: earn 8,000 points after two stays
Choice Privileges is offering up to 8,000 points after every two stays between June 10 and September 7, 2020. This promotion is only available to members based in the US and Canada, and there’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn.
Here are the basic terms to be aware of:
- Registration is required prior to the check-out of your first stay
- Members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 bonus points and a maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on the number of base points earned from the two stays
- Only bookings made directly with Choice (through their app, website, or by phone) qualify
- A qualifying stay is one that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points, except stays booked at rates below 40USD per night, reward night stays, etc.
- You must set your earnings preference to Choice Privileges points in order to qualify
- Points should post within 72 hours of an eligible check-out
- Choice properties in the following countries are excluded from this promotion: Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia
- You can earn the bonus multiple times
What makes Choice promotions unique
One thing that makes Choice Privileges promotions different than others is that the number of bonus points you earn varies based on how many base points you earn for a stay.
Choice Privileges isn’t offering 8,000 bonus points after every two stays, but rather they’ll adjust the points you earn after two stays so that you have 8,000 points, including the base points you earn.
Choice ordinarily offers 10 points per dollar spent, so if you made two one night stays that cost $100 each, you’d earn 6,000 bonus points, for example. If the two stays you make happen to be especially expensive, you do earn a minimum of 5,000 bonus points after every two stays.
How much are Choice points worth?
I value Choice Privileges points at ~0.75 cents each. So if you were to earn an average of 4,000 points per stay, that would be like a $30 return per stay. That’s a pretty good return, especially if you make short stays at inexpensive properties.
While 8,000 points are enough for stays at most Choice properties, you can get a lot of value by redeeming Choice Privileges points at properties in Scandinavia, including the Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret and the Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion.
There you can redeem 16,000 points per night for a stay at a Clarion Collection property that includes breakfast, an afternoon snack, and supper, and those hotels often retail for $200+ per night.
Choice Privileges offers the same promotion pretty often, and this summer is no different.
You earn somewhere between 5,000 and 8,000 bonus points after every two stays, which is a return of ~$19-30 per stay, by my valuation. Given how inexpensive many Choice properties are, that’s potentially a solid deal, especially for one night stays.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Choice’s summer 2020 promotion?