The US American Express Centurion Lounges — located in Dallas, Las Vegas, Miami, New York, and San Francisco — are already a huge step up from other domestic US lounges. They feature nice decor, “real” hot food, and complimentary beer, wine, and cocktails.
With the holidays right around the corner, American Express & Uber have teamed up for an especially awesome promotion. American Express has been noticing that guests are using the Centurion Lounges upon arrival (in particular the one in New York, given that it’s before security), so they’re going to help you get into the city this holiday season.
For the rest of the year, the Amex Centurion Lounge LGA is offering two free Uber rides to Platinum and Centurion card members who visit upon arrival. Here’s how it works:
- You have to be a Platinum or Centurion card member to be eligible (this includes both The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express); people who otherwise buy access to the lounge aren’t eligible
- Upon presenting your credentials you’ll be given a promotion code, which is good for two complimentary Uber rides originating at LGA to anywhere in the five boroughs
- You have to apply the promotion code prior to taking your eligible ride
- The promotion code will cover taxes, fees, tolls, and surge pricing
- The offer expires on December 31, 2015
This is a very nice extension of the partnership between American Express and Uber, whereby you can earn bonus Membership Rewards points for Uber trips. For example, I use the Amex EveryDay℠ Preferred Credit Card for my Uber rides, as it earns me an extra Membership Rewards point per dollar spent, and also helps me hit my goal of 30 transactions per billing cycle on the card (which earns me a 50% points bonus).
If you haven’t yet signed up for Uber, you can sign-up now and get a discount on your first ride.
This is an extremely generous promotion, especially since LaGuardia completely lacks when it comes to public transportation (and just about everything, for that matter). Uber rides into Manhattan can cost over $50, and you can get two of those rides for free between now and the end of the year.
Who plans on taking advantage of this Centurion Lounge Uber promotion?