For those of you not familiar with Amex Offers, it’s a program available through most Amex cards, where different cards are eligible for different savings and bonus offers. In many cases the offers can be huge, and more than offset the annual fee on a card.
To view Amex Offers, go to the bottom of the account summary page of any American Express card, where you’ll see all the offers you’re eligible for. These offers come in different forms, including discounts and even in some cases bonus points.
We somewhat frequently see Amex Offers for discounts on hotel stays. Often they’re for Hilton and Marriott, since Amex issues co-brand credit cards for those companies. However, lately we’ve seen some Amex Offers for other hotel groups, which I quite appreciate. We’ve seen these for Fairmont & Sofitel, Four Seasons, and now another hotel group.
At the moment there’s a new targeted Amex Offer for 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend $500+ at select Peninsula Hotels. The offer is valid for stays through November 30, 2019.
There’s probably also a version out there for a $100 statement credit when you spend $500, though I’d definitely prefer the 10,000 bonus points, since I value Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each. The way I view it, that’s like a $170 return on $500 of spending with Peninsula, which is a return of over one third.
Do be aware of the following terms:
- Valid for Peninsula stays in the US (including Beverly Hills, Chicago, and New York), Paris, and Tokyo
- Valid for direct reservations only, so third party bookings don’t qualify
- Valid only for room rate and charges
- Excludes The Peninsula Academy, fitness memberships, and all other amenities
- Not valid for gift card purchases
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date
The Peninsula New York
If you have any upcoming stays with Peninsula in the US, Paris, or Tokyo, this is an excellent deal to take advantage of. Of course this is pretty niche, given how expensive Peninsula properties are, and also given that there are only five eligible hotels.
Was your account targeted for this Peninsula Amex Offer, and do you plan on taking advantage of it?