The American Express® Gold Card, which I consider to be one of the most underrated cards out there, has a phenomenal publicly available welcome bonus. This bonus is available as of a few weeks ago, so I wanted to post a reminder for anyone who doesn’t yet have this card, as it’s well worth considering.
Amex Gold Card 60K welcome bonus
- I value Amex Membership Rewards points at ~1.7 cents each, so to me that bonus is worth a massive $1,020
- You have six months to complete minimum spending, which is much longer than usual, and will come in handy for many who may be spending less nowadays
Redeem your Amex points towards some exciting future adventures
Amex Gold Card bonus eligibility
The welcome bonus on the card isn’t available to those who have or have had the Amex Gold Card or the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card; however, you can get the card if you’ve received a bonus on any other card
Why you should consider the Amex Gold Card
The card offers a great points earning structure:
- 4x points at restaurants
- 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year)
- 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines
In particular, earning so many points per dollar at supermarkets and restaurants (including takeout) is great.
Then the card also offers up to three different types of credits:
- Up to a $120 annual dining credit
- Up to a $100 annual airline fee credit (this benefit ends on December 31, 2021)
- Up to a $120 annual Uber credit (this benefit is being introduced as of early 2021)
In other words, in 2021 alone you could be getting over $340 in credits, way more than the annual fee. That doesn’t even factor in all the other great perks typically associated with Amex cards, like the Amex Offers program.
Earn 4x points on dining globally with the Amex Gold
The Amex Gold Card has a new publicly available bonus of 60K points, which I value at more than $1,000. There are lots of other reasons to get the card, from 4x points on dining and U.S. supermarkets, to up to $340 in annual credits for 2o21 (and up to $240 in annual credits thereafter).
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: American Express® Gold Card (Rates & Fees).