Alaska Mileage Plan is one of my favorite frequent flyer programs, thanks to the unique array of airline partners that they have. At the moment, Mileage Plan is offering a great promotion for travel on Fiji Airways — you can either receive up to 50% off awards, or can earn double miles on a revenue ticket.
Here’s a look at the details of these two promotions:
Receive up to to 50% off Fiji Airways award tickets
At the moment Fiji Airways is offering up to 50% off award tickets:
- The discounts will automatically be reflected at the time of booking
- Award flights must be booked between January 6 and February 29, 2020
- Valid for award travel between North America/Hawaii and the South Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand
With this award sale you’ll pay just:
- 20,000 miles for economy travel between North America and the South Pacific (compared to the usual cost of 27,500-40,000 miles)
- 40,000 miles for business class travel between North America and the South Pacific (compared to the usual cost of 45,000-55,000 miles)
That’s an exceptional deal, especially when you consider that you can have a stopover in Fiji on a one-way ticket. So you could fly from Los Angeles to Nadi, have a stopover, and then continue from Nadi to Auckland several days later, for example.
The good news is that economy award availability is quite easy to come by.
Meanwhile business class award availability is much harder to come by.
The ideal situation is to find award availability out of LAX, given that the route is operated by their new Airbus A350, featuring new fully flat business class seats (meanwhile the San Francisco route is operated by an A330, featuring angled business class seats).
If you can find availability, this is a heck of a deal.
The Honolulu route is also interesting. It operates either nonstop, via Apia, Samoa, or via Christmas Island. It doesn’t get much more exotic than that!
Earn double miles on Fiji Airways
If you’re booking a paid ticket on Fiji Airways you can earn even more Mileage Plan miles than usual. To take advantage of this promotion:
- Register and book by February 29, 2020
- Fly between February 1 and June 30, 2020
- You’ll receive double Mileage Plan miles within four to six weeks
Other ways to earn Alaska miles
If you want to earn Mileage Plan miles, keep in mind that Alaska offers two credit cards that can help you rack up miles quickly:
Both offer excellent welcome bonuses after completing a moderate minimum spend, along with Alaska’s famous Companion Fare, which lets you “buy one, get one for cheap” for economy flights on Alaska. This is one of the easiest companion tickets to use, and the main reason I keep the cards year after year.
These are two great promotions for travel on Fiji Airways, in particular the savings on award tickets.
This is a great opportunity in economy, as you can redeem 20,000 miles for a one-way ticket from the US to Australia or New Zealand, and can have a free stopover in Fiji.
Unfortunately in business class the challenge is that Fiji Airways has pretty limited award availability, or else this would be an especially awesome promo.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this great Mileage Plan promotion on Fiji Airways?