Alaska Mileage Plan is a valuable frequent flyer program, thanks to its array of airline partners and stopover policy. At the moment, Alaska Mileage Plan is offering a great promotion for travel on Fiji Airways — you can either receive up to 50% off awards, or can earn double miles on a revenue ticket.
Let’s take a look at the details of these two promotions.
In this post:
Up to to 50% off Fiji Airways award tickets
At the moment Fiji Airways is offering up to 50% off award tickets:
- The discounts will automatically be reflected at the time of booking
- Award flights must be booked by March 31, 2022
- Travel must be completed by November 30, 2022
- The promotion is valid for award travel between North America (including Hawaii) and the South Pacific, including Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
With this award sale you’ll pay just:
- 20,000 miles for economy travel between North America and the South Pacific (compared to the usual cost of 27,500-40,000 miles)
- 40,000 miles for business class travel between North America and the South Pacific (compared to the usual cost of 45,000-55,000 miles)
That’s an exceptional deal, especially when you consider that you can have a stopover in Fiji on a one-way ticket. So you could fly from Los Angeles to Nadi, have a stopover, and then continue from Nadi to Auckland several days later, for example.
The good news is that economy award availability is exceptionally easy to come by.
Meanwhile business class award availability is much, much harder to come by.
The ideal situation is to find award availability out of LAX, given that the route is typically operated by Fiji Airways’ new A350, featuring fully flat business class seats (meanwhile the San Francisco route is operated by an A330, featuring angled business class seats).
If you can find availability, this is a heck of a deal.
The Honolulu route is also interesting. It operates either nonstop, via Apia, Samoa, or via Christmas Island. It doesn’t get much more exciting than that!
Earn double miles on Fiji Airways
If you’re booking a paid ticket on Fiji Airways you can earn even more Mileage Plan miles than usual. To take advantage of this promotion:
- Register and book by March 31, 2022
- Fly by November 30, 2022
- You’ll receive double Mileage Plan miles within four to six weeks
These are two great promotions for travel on Fiji Airways, in particular the savings on award tickets.
This is a great opportunity in economy, as you can redeem 20,000 miles for a one-way ticket from the United States to Australia or New Zealand, and can have a free stopover in Fiji (fortunately Australia has reopened, though the timeline for New Zealand isn’t as certain).
Unfortunately in business class the challenge is that Fiji Airways has pretty limited award availability, or else this would be an especially awesome promo.
Anyone plan to take advantage of this great Mileage Plan promotion on Fiji Airways?