While Wyndham is the largest hotel franchising company in the world in terms of number of properties (they have 9,300 hotels in 90 countries), I don’t talk all that much about their loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards.
Wyndham’s new free night promotion
With Wyndham’s newest “Make Your Break” promotion, you can get a free night after just two qualifying stays.
The way this promotion works:
- You’ll receive a one-time bonus of 5,500 bonus points after completion of two stays, which is in addition to a guaranteed 1,000 points per stay, for a total of at least 7,500 points
- You must first register at wyndhamhotels.com/makeyourbreak
- You then need to book two qualifying stays between February 21 and April 26, 2020
- You must complete two qualifying stays by May 21, 2020
- Stays must be booked directly through Wyndham, either through their website or mobile app
- Bonus points will post within two to four weeks of the second qualifying stay
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes time to redeem Wyndham Rewards points, there are three tiers of hotels:
- About a third of properties cost 7,500 points per night
- A majority of properties cost 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred hotels cost 30,000 points per night
As you can tell, the 7,500 bonus points are good for a free night at Wyndham’s lowest tier properties.
While this promotion doesn’t scale very well beyond the first two stays, this is a decent enough offer if you have two upcoming Wyndham stays.
After two stays you’ll have at least enough points for a free night at one of Wyndham’s entry level properties, or you can save up those points towards a stay at a more expensive property.