While Wyndham is the largest hotel franchising company in the world in terms of number of properties (they have 9,300 hotels in 90 countries), I don’t talk all that much about their loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards.
Wyndham’s new bonus points promotion
With Wyndham’s newest “2K on Every Stay” promo, members can earn up to 10K bonus points for upcoming stays.
The way this promotion works:
- Receive 2,000 bonus points per stay on your first five stays, for a total of up to 10,000 bonus points
- This is valid for stays booked by July 27 and for stays completed between June 17 and July 28, 2020
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay
- Stays must be booked directly through Wyndham, either through their website or mobile app
- Bonus points will post within six to eight weeks of qualifying stays
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes time to redeem Wyndham Rewards points, there are three tiers of hotels:
- About a third of properties cost 7,500 points per night
- A majority of properties cost 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred hotels cost 30,000 points per night
As you can tell, completing four stays would earn you more than enough points for a free night at one of the lowest priced properties.
Wyndham Rewards is offering up to 10,000 bonus points after completing five stays this summer. This promotion is better than nothing, though personally I don’t think it’s all that compelling, and it wouldn’t cause me to switch any stays to Wyndham.
Essentially you’ll be earning a free night at an entry level property after four stays, or you’ll receive enough points for a third of a night at a top property after five stays.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Wyndham’s promotion?