While Wyndham is the largest hotel franchising company in the world in terms of number of properties (the company has 9,300 hotels in 90 countries), I don’t talk all that much about its loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards.
At the beginning of June, Wyndham Rewards launched its latest promotion, valid for stays this summer. Initially this promotion was only supposed to be valid through early September, while it’s now valid through the end of September. This could prove useful for anyone who has a late summer trip booked. Let’s take a look at the details.
Wyndham promo: stay two nights, earn a free night
With Wyndham’s current promotion, members can earn 6,500 bonus Wyndham Rewards points for stays of two or more nights. This is marketed as a “Stay Two Nights, Earn a Free Night” promotion, because members always earn a minimum of 1,000 points per stay. That means with this offer members will earn at least 7,500 points per stay, which is enough for a free night at select properties.
Here are the basic terms to be aware of for Wyndham’s promotion:
- This is valid for stays booked by September 28, 2021
- You must check in for your stay no earlier than June 1, 2021, and check out for your stay no later than September 30, 2021
- Registration is required prior to booking your first eligible stay; unfortunately previously booked stays don’t qualify for this promotion
- Stays must be booked directly through Wyndham, either through the website or mobile app
- Bonus points will post within two to four weeks of a qualifying stay
- You can earn this bonus for a total of up to three stays during the promotion period
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes time to redeem Wyndham Rewards points, there are three tiers of hotels:
- About a third of properties cost 7,500 points per night
- A majority of properties cost 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred properties cost 30,000 points per night
As you can see, this promotion is marketed as offering a free night after a stay of two or more nights, though the 7,500 points are only enough for a stay at the lowest tier properties. That being said, since you can take advantage of this offer multiple times, you can potentially earn multiple free nights, or rack up enough points for a night at a mid-tier property.
If you’re looking to earn more Wyndham points:
- Barclays recently refreshed its portfolio of Wyndham cards, which now offer improved points earning opportunities and status
- Wyndham Rewards often sells points with a bonus, which could be an opportunity to acquire them at a cost that makes sense
Wyndham Rewards’ summer 2021 promotion is live, and has just been extended by several more weeks. The promotion offers 6,500 bonus points after stays of two or more nights. You can take advantage of this promotion up to three times.
This is a solid deal, though for many it’s not going to be rewarding enough to go out of your way to stay at a Wyndham property, in my opinion.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Wyndham promotion?