While Wyndham is the largest hotel franchising company in the world in terms of number of properties (the company has 9,300 hotels in 90 countries), I don’t talk all that much about its loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards.
Wyndham Rewards has now launched its latest promotion, valid for stays over the next few months. If you have any travel planned that might include Wyndham properties, this is definitely worth registering for. Let’s take a look at the details.
Wyndham offering 7.5K points after two stays
With Wyndham’s latest promotion, members can earn 7,500 bonus points after completing two stays.
The way this promotion works:
- Receive 7,500 bonus points when you complete two stays during the promotion period (even one night stays qualify)
- This is valid for stays booked and completed between October 5, 2020, and January 13, 2021
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay
- Stays must be booked directly through Wyndham, either through the website or mobile app
- Bonus points will post within two to four weeks of a qualifying stay
This is a pretty solid promotion. As a point of comparison, over the summer Wyndham Rewards offered 7,500 bonus points after one stay of at least two nights. Some people will prefer that promotion, while others may prefer this promotion.
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes time to redeem Wyndham Rewards points, there are three tiers of hotels:
- About a third of properties cost 7,500 points per night
- A majority of properties cost 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred hotels cost 30,000 points per night
As you can see, this promotion is marketed as offering a free night after two stays, though the 7,500 points are only enough for a stay at the lowest tiered property.
If you’re looking to earn more Wyndham points, Barclays recently refreshed its portfolio of Wyndham cards, which now offer improved points earning opportunities and status.
Wyndham Rewards’ fall promotion has just been launched, and it offers 7,500 bonus points after completing two stays.
This is a solid deal, though it’s also not rewarding enough that you should go out of your way to stay at a Wyndham property, in my opinion.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Wyndham promotion?
(Tip of the hat to Frequent Miler)