While Wyndham is the largest hotel franchising company in the world in terms of number of properties (the company has 9,300 hotels in 90 countries), I don’t talk all that much about its loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards.
Wyndham Rewards launched two promotions this summer — one has already expired, while the other has been extended, and is now potentially useful for fall stays. Let’s take a look at the details.
Wyndham offering 7.5K points after one stay
With Wyndham’s “Stay 2 Nights & earn a Free Night” promo, members can earn 7,500 bonus points after a single stay of two nights or more.
The way this promotion works:
- Receive 7,500 bonus points when you complete a stay of at least two consecutive nights
- This is valid for stays booked and completed between July 16 and October 2, 2020 (this was initially valid for stays through September 8)
- Registration is required prior to your eligible stay
- Stays must be booked directly through Wyndham, either through the website or mobile app
- Bonus points will post within two to four weeks of a qualifying stay
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes time to redeem Wyndham Rewards points, there are three tiers of hotels:
- About a third of properties cost 7,500 points per night
- A majority of properties cost 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred hotels cost 30,000 points per night
As you can see, this promotion is marketed as offering a free night after a two night stay, though the 7,500 points are only enough for a stay at the lowest tiered property.
Wyndham Rewards’ summer promotion has just been extended through October 2, so it’s valid for stays for a few additional weeks. Earning 7,500 bonus points after a single two night stay is a solid deal, though I’m also not sure this promotion is rewarding enough that it would cause me to go out of my way to stay at a Wyndham.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Wyndham promotion?