While Wyndham is the largest hotel franchising company in the world in terms of number of properties (the company has 9,300 hotels in 90 countries), I don’t talk all that much about its loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards.
Wyndham Rewards has now launched its latest promotion, valid for stays over the next couple of months. If you have any travel planned that might include Wyndham properties, this is definitely worth registering for. Let’s take a look at the details.
Wyndham offering up to 7.5K points per stay
With Wyndham’s latest promotion, members can earn anywhere from 1,000 to 7,500 bonus Wyndham Rewards points per stay:
- Stay one night, earn 1,000 bonus points
- Stay two consecutive nights, earn 3,000 bonus points
- Stay three or more consecutive nights, earn 7,500 bonus points
Here are the basic terms to be aware of for Wyndham’s promotion:
- This is valid for stays booked by May 28, 2021
- You must check in for your stay no earlier than March 16, 2021, and check out for your stay no later than May 31, 2021
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay; it’s fine if you booked your stay prior to registering, or prior to the start of the promotion
- Stays must be booked directly through Wyndham, either through the website or mobile app
- Bonus points will post within six to eight weeks of a qualifying stay
- There’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn, as you can take advantage of this offer multiple times
Redeeming Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes time to redeem Wyndham Rewards points, there are three tiers of hotels:
- About a third of properties cost 7,500 points per night
- A majority of properties cost 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred properties cost 30,000 points per night
As you can see, this promotion is marketed as offering a free night after a stay of three or more nights, though the 7,500 points are only enough for a stay at the lowest tier properties. That being said, since you can take advantage of this offer multiple times, you can potentially earn multiple free nights, or rack up enough points for a stay at a higher tier property.
If you’re looking to earn more Wyndham points:
- Barclays recently refreshed its portfolio of Wyndham cards, which now offer improved points earning opportunities and status
- Wyndham Rewards often sells points with a bonus, which could be an opportunity to acquire them at a cost that makes sense
Wyndham Rewards’ spring 2021 promotion has just been launched, and it offers anywhere from 1,000 to 7,500 bonus points per stay, depending on how long you stay. This is a solid deal, though for many it’s not going to be rewarding enough to go out of your way to stay at a Wyndham property, in my opinion.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Wyndham promotion?