Over the past year we’ve seen several airport restaurants and bars in the US join Priority Pass. The concept is that at some airports Priority Pass has a tough time striking a deal with a major lounge due to crowding issues, so when that’s not possible, they instead work with a restaurant.
Priority Pass pays a fixed amount for each guest who enters a lounge, so instead Priority Pass is just paying these restaurants a fixed amount, and then you can spend some dollar amount at that restaurant (typically $28-30). So far in the US, Priority Pass restaurants & bars include the following (it’s amazing how much this list has grown in a short time):
- House Spirits Distillery Portland Airport
- Capers Cafe Le Bar Portland Airport
- Capers Market Portland Airport
- Timberline Steaks & Grille Denver Airport
- Corona Beach House Miami Airport
- Viena Miami Airport
- Air Margaritaville Miami Airport
- The Pasta House St. Louis Airport
- Kentucky Ale Taproom Lexington Airport
- Bobby Van’s Steakhouse New York JFK Airport
- Bar Symon at Cleveland Airport
- Johnny Rockets at Syracuse Airport
- Barney’s Beanery at Los Angeles Airport
- Bracket Room at Washington Reagan Airport
- The Fan Zone Indianapolis Airport
- RJ Rockers Flight Room Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
- Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill Boston Airport
- Stephanie’s Boston Airport
- San Francisco Giant’s Clubhouse San Francisco Airport
- Yankee Pier San Francisco Airport
- American Tap Room at Washington Reagan Airport
- Landry’s Seafood at Houston Airport
- Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar Houston Airport
- P.F. Chang’s Los Angeles Airport
- Chef Geoff’s Washington Dulles Airport
Priority Pass has just added yet another US restaurant location, this time at Tampa International Airport — The Cafe by Mise en Place. As someone who grew up in Tampa and has flown out of the airport a countless number of times, I’ve been rooting for Tampa Airport to get a Priority Pass location, so I consider this to be pretty exciting.
As a reminder, the following are some of the most popular credit cards that come with Priority Pass memberships (I’ve also listed the respective guesting privileges):
|Card||# Of Guests Who Get Free Access||Authorized User Access||Cost To Add Authorized User|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||2||Yes||$175 For Up To 3 People, $175 For Each Additional Person Beyond That|
|The Business Platinum® Card from American Express||2||Yes||$300 Per Person|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card||2||Yes||$75 Per Person|
The Cafe by Mise en Place at TPA
The Cafe by Mise en Place (that’s a mouthful for an airport restaurant in Florida) is open daily from 4:30AM until the last flight departs, and it’s located airside (after security) in Concourse F, by gate F85.
Tampa Airport has several concourses, and none of them are connected airside, so this is only going to be practical for those departing from Concourse F.
Airlines operating out of Concourse F include American, British Airways, Cayman Airways, Copa Airlines, Edelweiss Air, Lufthansa, and Norwegian.
Here’s how the restaurant describes itself:
The Café by Mise en Place is Tampa’s premier restaurant for Modern American cuisine and exciting and dynamic fare.
Priority Pass members will be entitled to $28 worth of food & drinks per person. In order to be eligible you need to have a same day day confirmed boarding pass, though there’s no explicit requirement that it needs to be an outbound boarding pass (so in theory you could visit on arrival). The terms also state that the credit isn’t valid for to-go and grab-and-go orders.
The Priority Pass member will be responsible for any overage beyond the $28 credit, and that credit can’t be applied towards gratuity (and personally I think it’s appropriate to tip, as a Priority Pass membership is just a form of payment here).
Tampa Airport has never had a Priority Pass location, so this is an exciting development. The only bad news is that since it’s located airside, it will only be useful to a small percentage of passengers traveling out of the airport. Here’s to hoping they add restaurants in other concourses soon as well.
Does anyone plan on visiting the new Priority Pass restaurant at TPA?
(Tip of the hat to Eliyahu Hanavi)