Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
While anyone can comment on regular blog post, registration is required in order to post a question in this space. Creating your account is free, and you'll be able to see when your question is answered, as well as like comments from other users. And of course, you'll earn status points for offering helpful answers!
This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so please jump in and share tips!
UA Polaris 787-10 first/last row?
I’ll be flying with someone in United Polaris, and the only “honeymoon” seats left are 1DF and 11DF, the first and last rows. Any advice as to which is better, which has less noise/light from bathrooms and galleys, etc.?
Take Row 1 over Row 11 hands down..
1) You will be served first so get to sleep or work quicker plus get your choice of food. United doesnt have any pre order options like AA or DL.
2) Your footwell is larger, def. a noticeable difference on the Polaris seats. Row 1 has a larger footwell as does Row 1 of the 2nd J cabin on the 772 and 77W. Just 1 cabin on 787 though.
3) Avoid noise from Coach/possible baby crying (that can kill your flight)
4) Avoid noise from L2 galley area (i find more noise there than the front galley)
5) My last 2 787-10 flights deplaned from L1 which was awesome as i always take 3A. No guarantee on this, you could be last off from J but still not a big deal