I actually just have no clue what’s going on here…
Does this video show a UFO?
A video has been uploaded that allegedly shows a commercial aircraft avoiding a UFO. The claim is that this video was filmed on Singapore Airlines’ January 17 flight from Singapore to Zurich (SQ346), which was operated by an Airbus A350-900. The video captures the plane minutes before landing, as it’s on approach to Zurich Airport.
What does the video show?
- At first it seems like any landing or takeoff video that an aviation geek might take
- At the 30 second mark there’s a loud announcement telling people to be seated and to take the brace position
- At the 50 second mark you can hear the engines powering up considerably, at which point the plane makes a sharp turn and you can hear people screaming
- At the 67 second mark you can see a white object passing closely underneath the aircraft, which is believed to be a UFO
You can watch the video for yourself here:
It’s claimed that we know this wasn’t a drone or bird because it was invisible on the radar, and also because the pilots could clearly see this from so far away.
I’m seeing mentions of this video in the mainstream media, so I wanted to cover the story because this video is either totally fake, or I’ve just totally lost it (both of which are real possibilities).
Why this video appears to be fake
Something about this video doesn’t add up, if you ask me:
- It’s claimed that this is a Singapore Airlines A350, but it looks to me like this is actually an A320 wing, and Singapore Airlines’ A350 winglets are also painted differently; so was this actually on another airline, and the Singapore Airlines logo was doctored?
- What’s with the announcement to brace? That’s definitely not a Singaporean accent, and at this point Singapore Airlines has very few expat pilots remaining, so something is a bit suspicious there; typically a pilot would give the order to brace, but then the flight attendants would be the ones to instruct passengers
- The noise when the engines spool up almost sounds to me like a fake noise added after the fact, because it’s so ridiculously loud
- Was the person taking the video just ignoring the request to get into the brace position, or how did the person keep taking the video?
- Why does the video quality get so much worse when the UFO suddenly appeared?
- Why would the pilots bank in the direction of the UFO?
- I certainly could be wrong, but it looks more to me like the plane is on departure, rather than on approach
- The landscape looks suspiciously green for Zurich in mid-January
I can’t stop watching this video because I’m determined to make sense of this video, but just can’t. My best theory here is that:
- This was originally a video of another airline/flight that just shows a sudden maneuver
- The rest of this is doctored, including the UFO, the engine noises, the announcements, etc.
- I don’t get why this is being attributed to this specific flight, or how Singapore Airlines somehow got dragged into this, though
Am I missing something obvious? The irony is that I absolutely believe in life on other planets and UFOs in some form. But videos like this that appear fake sure don’t help our cause. 😉
A video has been uploaded that allegedly shows a Singapore Airlines A350 nearly colliding with a UFO. Personally I’m skeptical, because there are so many things about the video that don’t add up.
I’ve watched this video so many times now, and can’t wrap my head around it, so someone please enlighten me! And I’m not just looking for confirmation that this is fake, but can we actually find the original video, and/or figure out what was doctored here? Collectively you guys know everything, and I know this is no exception!
What do you make of this alleged UFO video?
(Tip of the hat to Your Mileage May Vary)