Capital One Venture X adds access to 100+ lounges
Thanks to a new partnership between Capital One and Plaza Premium, Capital One is adding access to 100+ additional lounges around the globe for cardmembers. This includes:
- All Plaza Premium Lounges
- All Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in the United States
- The Air France Lounge at Montreal Airport (YUL)
- The MERA Business Lounges at Cancun Airport (CUN)
As far as access to these lounges goes:
- Those with the Capital One Venture X Card can receive unlimited access to these 100+ lounges, in addition to Capital One Lounges and 1,300+ Priority Pass lounges
- Those with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card (review) and the Capital One Spark Miles for Business (review) can now use their two annual complimentary lounge visits at any of the 100+ Plaza Premium locations worldwide or Capital One Lounges, which is a pretty awesome benefit for cards with annual fees of under $100
Why this is a significant development
I continue to be impressed by the extent to which Capital One is improving in the travel space, not just in terms of its card portfolio, but also in terms of card perks.
The backstory here is interesting. Most Plaza Premium locations used to belong to Priority Pass, but in 2021 the two brands cut ties. Clearly Plaza Premium wanted to work directly with card issuers, rather than essentially using Priority Pass as a middle man.
The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) offers access to Plaza Premium locations, thanks to its comprehensive lounge program, though up until now other issuers didn’t. It’s fantastic to see Capital One now launch a similar partnership.
This makes Capital One extremely well rounded, given that the Priority Pass membership through the Capital One Venture X Card offers credits at Priority Pass restaurants, while those issued with Amex don’t.
Capital One is now partnering with Plaza Premium to expand airport lounge access, with 100+ new lounges having been added for those with the Capital One Venture X Card. This is an awesome development, and will no doubt come in handy for many cardmembers.
What do you make of Capital One partnering with Plaza Premium?