The Amex Platinum has just added a useful new rental car elite status perk for cardmembers.
Get Hertz elite status with Amex Platinum
New as of November 2022, the Amex Platinum is offering Hertz President’s Circle elite status:
- This is valid for those with The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (review) in the United States, and it’s valid both for the primary cardmember and authorized users
- Registration is required, and can be done by logging into your Amex account, finding your eligible card, and going to the benefits tab, where you’ll be brought to a customized link on Hertz’s website
- Status will be valid within 24-72 hours of enrollment
This joins the other Amex Platinum rental car perks, including National Emerald Club Executive status and Avis Preferred Plus status.
When it comes to Hertz benefits, previously Amex offered entry level Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership, plus the ability to get further benefits by using Amex Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 211762. This could offer savings on your rental, a four-hour grace period on returns within the United States, a one-class car upgrade (subject to availability), and more.
What are the benefits of Hertz President’s Circle status?
President’s Circle is Hertz’s top-tier status, so it’s pretty cool to get that just for having a premium credit card. This status ordinarily requires 15 rentals per year or $3,000 in annual rental car spending, so this is most definitely an easier pathway to that tier.
- Guaranteed car upgrades, a minimum of one-class, at participating locations
- Freedom to choose any vehicle in the President’s Circle section of the Hertz Ultimate Choice lot on the spot at no extra charge
- No additional driver fee for a spouse or domestic partner in the United States
- 50% bonus on Gold Plus Rewards points on all qualified rentals
- Expedited vehicle pick-up at over 1,000 locations worldwide
- No stopping at the counter at over 50 airports
- eReturn, whereby you don’t have to wait when returning your car
- Hertz Valet, whereby you can take advantage of a terminal drive-back service at participating locations up to four times per year
- A dedicated President’s Circle call center line
Below is a chart comparing the different Hertz elite status tiers.
The Amex Platinum Card now offers Hertz President’s Circle elite status, which is a nice incremental benefit, and matches what’s offered by the Capital One Venture X. Any sort of rental car status that allows you to pick your own car from the lot is valuable, as it takes the hassle out of renting a car.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Hertz status with the Amex Platinum?