Hawaii is one of the most popular destinations for domestic US travel right now, given that the state is open to visitors in conjunction with pre-travel testing.
Another popular luxury hotel is offering a noteworthy deal at the moment thanks to some stackable offers (which I suppose isn’t surprising, give the state of the travel industry). Let me first talk about the available promotions specifically, and then I’ll cover some of the basics of the property.
Three stackable Mauna Lani deals
Mauna Lani, an Auberge Resorts Collection property on the Kohala Coast of the Island of Hawaii, has three stackable promotions available exclusively through eligible travel advisors (Ford would be more than happy to help, and can be reached at [email protected] — other travel advisors are welcome to leave their contact info below).
There are three offers you’ll want to stack to maximize your value (your travel advisor can help with this), so let’s cover each of them. Do note that this hotel isn’t cheap, even with these promotions — you’ll want to check Mauna Lani’s website to get a general sense of pricing, but you can expect that the hotel generally retails for $500+ per night.
Get free breakfast & resort credit at Mauna Lani with Virtuoso
If you book Mauna Lani you should absolutely book through a Virtuoso travel advisor. You’ll pay the same as the standard rate, and will receive the following additional benefits:
- A one category room upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (from room-to-room or from suite-to-suite, and upgrades don’t apply to specialty or one-of-a-kind suites or bungalows)
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two, valid at HaLani Restaurant
- A $100 USD resort credit per stay, valid for dining, spa, or golf
- Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
Mauna Lani reception
Receive fourth night free at Mauna Lani
It gets even better than that. You can stack Virtuoso perks with any of the following three promotions:
- For stays through November 18, 2021, receive a fourth night free; this offer is repeatable, so you can get multiple free nights on a longer stay (valid for garden view rooms or higher)
- For stays through December 15, 2021, receive a $1,000 resort credit for a stay of five nights or longer (valid for ocean view rooms or higher)
- Receive 50% off a second room (must be a connecting room)
These individual promotions aren’t stackable, meaning you can choose a fourth night free, or a $1,000 resort credit, or 50% off a second room. However, you can stack any one of those with Virtuoso perks.
Mauna Lani resort pool
Receive guaranteed upgrade at booking at Mauna Lani
It gets even better than that. For stays through June 30, 2021, you can receive a guaranteed one category upgrade at the time of booking when booking through a Virtuoso travel agent. That can be stacked with the above, meaning that when you put it all together you can receive:
- A fourth night free
- A guaranteed upgrade at the time of booking
- Complimentary breakfast
- A $100 resort credit
If you’re going to stay at Mauna Lani, this is absolutely the way to book.
Mauna Lani guest room
Mauna Lani Resort Hawaii basics
A few basic facts about Mauna Lani, which is an Auberge Resorts Collection property:
- Mauna Lani is located on the Island of Hawaii, just a 25 minute drive from Kona International Airport (KOA)
- Mauna Lani has 333 accommodations, including 292 guest rooms, 36 suites, and five residences, with all accommodations featuring private lanais, and 90% of rooms featuring ocean views
- Mauna Lani has five oceanfront restaurants and bars, ranging from Canoe House (the signature oceanfront restaurant) to the Market (a coffee shop, market, and deli)
- Mauna Lani reopened in early 2020 after a $200 million renovation; the original hotel opened in 1983
Mauna Lani Canoe House Restaurant
Mauna Lani is a popular property on the Island of Hawaii, especially for those looking for a luxury resort that’s perhaps a bit more affordable than Four Seasons Hualalai. I haven’t stayed here, though Ford has booked quite a few clients here, and when he shared the stackable promotions with me, I figured they were worth passing on.
If you’re planning on visiting this resort in the coming months, there are some fantastic offers that can be stacked if you book through an eligible travel advisor. For most of the remainder of 2020 you can receive a fourth night free, a guaranteed upgrade at the time of booking, and Virtuoso perks (which include complimentary breakfast and a $100 resort credit).