Earlier this year Kimpton Karma Rewards was folded into IHG Rewards Club. IHG has been offering quite a few lucrative promotions to get members to stay at Kimpton properties. For example, at the moment they’re offering a targeted promotion for 10,000 bonus points for making one Kimpton stay.
Now there’s another good promotion, though it’s not quite as great as it sounds.
Specifically, with Kimpton’s flash sale you can get a certificate valid for a free night at any IHG hotel after you book an eligible prepaid stay of two or more nights at select Kimpton hotels.
Here are the basic terms to be aware of:
- Availability is limited
- 21 Kimpton hotels are participating in this promotion
- Valid for bookings by May 9, 2018, and for stays between May 8 and September 16, 2018
- Eligible rates are prepaid and non-refundable, through you’ll be paying the best flexible rate
- The free night certificate will be deposited in your account 2-4 weeks after you’ve checked out of any two or more night stay booked with this offer
- The free night certificate can be used at any IHG hotel, and expires March 31, 2019; it sounds to me like this is the same as the uncapped anniversary free night certificate that was offered by the old IHG Card
- Each member can take advantage of this promotion up to 15 times
I don’t think this promotion is quite worth mattress running for, but if you’re going to stay at an eligible Kimpton anyway, this is an awesome opportunity.
With this promotion they’re essentially make the best flexible rate non-refundable. For example, take the Hotel Palomar Phoenix. The best non-refundable rate is $172, while the promotion eligible rate is $214. So for a two night stay you’re paying a premium of $84 in order to earn the free night certificate. I’d say it’s a no brainer to pay that rate, since that’s a small price to pay for a certificate that can be redeemed at a property that retails for up to 70,000 points per night.
Hopefully some of you can take advantage of this great offer. I can’t seem to find any Kimptons with significantly cheaper rates, or else this could be worth mattress running for.
If you’re interested you’ll want to book ASAP. Not only does the promo expire tomorrow, but they also claim that quantities are limited, and there’s a counter on the promotion page showing roughly what percent of these packages are remaining.