IHG Rewards Club has today revealed the details of their next global promotion, valid for summer travel. This follows IHG offering a similar promotion this spring.
Much like the last promotion, this one also lets you earn up to 4x points, though the method by which you can earn those bonus points is different. Let’s take a look at the details.
Earn Up To 4x Points With IHG Rewards Club
IHG Rewards Club has just opened registration for their next major promotion, offering up to 4x points on stays.
This is valid for stays between June 12 and September 8, 2020. Registration is required prior to eligible stays, and this promotion is only valid for US residents.
The way the promotion is structured, you earn:
- 2x bonus points for your first two stays
- 3x bonus points for your third stay
- 4x bonus points starting with your fourth stay
- You can earn up to 100,000 bonus points per stay, and up to 400,000 bonus points through the promotion
- Bonus points will post two to three weeks after eligible stays
There is no booking deadline, so nights consumed anytime during the promotion period would be eligible, as long as you register in time. All nights booked directly with IHG qualify for this promotion, as long as the nightly rate is at least $30.
How many points can you earn with this IHG promotion?
With IHG Rewards Club you earn 10x points per dollar spent at most brands (5x points per dollar at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites). That means you’re looking at earning:
- 20-40x bonus points per dollar spent at most brands
- 10-20x bonus points at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites
These bonuses don’t include:
- The bonus points that IHG Rewards Club elite members receive (Gold members receive a 10% bonus, Platinum members a 50% bonus, and Spire members a 100% bonus)
- If you pay with the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card (review) you earn 10x IHG bonus points per dollar spent
IHG Rewards Club Platinum members could be earning up to 55x IHG points per dollar spent, which is pretty awesome.
IHG’s new promotion for up to 4x points is a solid one. You’ll get the most value out of this promotion starting with your fourth stay, though do keep in mind the total limit on being able to earn 400K bonus points.
What do you make of IHG’s new 4x bonus points promotion?