In late October, IHG Rewards Club revealed the details of their current global promotion, which is incredibly lucrative. Well, the booking period for the window has just been extended (though the stay period hasn’t).
Let’s take a look at the details.
Earn Up To 4x Points With IHG Rewards Club
IHG Rewards Club’s promotion offers up to 4x points on stays. The way the promotion is structured, you earn:
- 1,000 bonus points for your first stay
- 2x bonus points for your second stay (up to 200,000 points)
- 3x bonus points for your third stay (up to 200,000 points)
- 4x bonus points starting with your fourth stay (up to 200,000 points)
When the promotion was initially published, you had to register and book by December 15, 2019, and travel by January 31, 2020. However, that has now changed — now you can book by January 15, 2020, and still qualify (and you still need to complete the stay by January 31).
With IHG Rewards Club you earn 10x points per dollar spent at most brands (5x points per dollar at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites). So at most brands you’d be earning 40x IHG Rewards Club points per dollar spent starting with your fourth stay, even as a non-elite member.
You are however capped at 200,000 bonus points at each tier, so that means you’d earn an extra 30 points per dollar for the first ~$6,700 spent during the promotion period.
These bonuses don’t include:
- The bonus points that IHG Rewards Club elite members receive (Gold members receive a 10% bonus, Platinum members a 50% bonus, and Spire members a 100% bonus)
- If you signed up for the IHG Card under the recent offer you earn 40x IHG Rewards Club points per dollar spent for the first 12 months
Combine This With Other IHG Promotions
This promotion has huge earning potential, though on top of that you can combine this with some other promotions being offered by IHG:
- IHG is offering their tailored Accelerate promotion, which is valid for stays through December 31, 2019 (though registration is closed)
- You can often earn bonus cash back or Amex Membership Rewards points when booking your IHG stays through Rakuten
IHG’s current promotion is incredibly generous, and I’m happy to see that the booking window for it has been extended.
With this promo you can earn 40x points per dollar spent at most brands starting with your fourth stay. You can even combine this with IHG’s other great promotions, which will mean that some members are earning 100+ IHG points per dollar spent.
Have you been taking advantage of IHG’s 4x points promotion?