Earn double points with IHG Rewards Club
With IHG Rewards Club’s new global promotion, members can earn:
- Unlimited double points on all stays
- Those with the IHG Rewards Club Premier Card can earn 10,000 bonus points after their first stay when paying with the card (this has to be a paid stay — award stays don’t qualify)
This promotion is valid for stays between October 1 and December 15, 2020. Registration is required prior to eligible stays. Even if you don’t have any immediate plans to stay at IHG properties, I’d highly recommend registering, because it’s easy to forget later on.
There is no booking deadline, so nights consumed anytime during the promotion period would be eligible, as long as you register in time. All nights booked directly with IHG qualify for this promotion, as long as the nightly rate is at least $30.
If you take advantage of the 10,000 bonus points for having the co-branded credit card, bonus points will post four to six weeks after a qualifying stay.
How many points can you earn with this IHG promotion?
For context, I value IHG Rewards Club points at ~0.5 cents each. With IHG Rewards Club you earn 10x points per dollar spent at most brands (5x points per dollar at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites). With this promotion you’re earning an incremental:
- 10x points per dollar at most brands (which I value at a return of 5%)
- 5x bonus points at Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites (which I value at a return of 2.5%)
- 10,000 bonus points with your first stay for having a co-branded credit card, which I value at a return of $50
These bonuses don’t include:
- The bonus points that IHG Rewards Club elite members receive (Gold members receive a 10% bonus, Platinum members a 50% bonus, and Spire members a 100% bonus)
- If you pay with the IHG Rewards Club Premier Card you earn 10x IHG bonus points per dollar spent
IHG Rewards Club Platinum members will be earning 35x IHG Rewards Club points per dollar at most brands when paying with a co-branded credit card, which is pretty awesome. That doesn’t factor in the 10,000 bonus points for the first stay.
IHG has launched a new promotion offering double points on all stays globally, plus 10,000 bonus points with your first stay if you have the IHG Rewards Club Premier Card.
I’d say this promotion is extremely lucrative for your first stay if you’re eligible for the 10,000 bonus points. On top of that, double points with no caps is an all-around excellent bonus.
IHG’s previous promotion offered a tiered bonus, where you earned double points starting with your second stay, triple points starting with your third stay, and quadruple points starting with your fourth stay. That offer was probably better for frequent IHG guests, while this promotion may be better for those looking to make just one or two stays during the promotion period.
What do you make of IHG’s new double points promotion?