Hyatt Card offering bonus points for transactions
Those with the World of Hyatt Credit Card can earn up to 5,000 bonus points for spending in February. The number of bonus points you earn is based on the number of transactions you make, as follows:
- Complete 10 transactions, earn 1,000 bonus points
- Complete 25 transactions, earn 2,500 bonus points
- Complete 50 transactions, earn 5,000 bonus points
As you’d expect, there are some terms to be aware of:
- You must register for the offer with your World of Hyatt number between January 28 and February 28, 2021
- Purchases made between February 1 and February 28, 2021, count towards the promotion
- Eligible purchases must be over $1
- An eligible transaction includes card payments made with Swipe, Contactless, Tap and Pay, Apple Pay, Digital Wallet, reoccurring transactions, and more
- Former Hyatt Credit Card members can use their card for this promotion while waiting for the new World of Hyatt Card to arrive
Is this Chase Hyatt offer worth it?
With this offer you can earn up to 100 World of Hyatt points per transaction, in the right increments. I value World of Hyatt points at 1.5 cents each, so to me that’s potentially like a return of $1.50 per transaction, and a maximum total return worth up to $75.
It could absolutely be worth putting the World of Hyatt Card to the front of your wallet, especially for smaller transactions, and especially for categories where the card offers bonus points.
However, it’s probably not worth forgoing huge numbers of points if other cards have better bonus categories, or using this for larger transactions, where the 100 bonus points won’t get you so far. Something tells me a lot of people will intentionally be making smaller purchases because of this offer.
Redeem World of Hyatt points at the Park Hyatt Paris
Why the Hyatt Card is worth having
For those of you who don’t have the World of Hyatt Credit Card but are considering it, there’s a lot to love about the card long-term, as it offers:
- Automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open
- Five qualifying elite nights towards your next tier status every year
- Two qualifying elite nights towards your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- A Category 1-4 anniversary free night certificate on your account anniversary every year
- A second Category 1-4 free night certificate when you spend $15,000 on the card in a year
I love the anniversary free night certificate offered by the card
Those with the World of Hyatt Credit Card can earn up to 5,000 bonus points in February, based on the number of transactions they complete over the period. At most you can earn 100 bonus points per transaction, which I’d value at an incremental return of $1.50.
While not a life-changing promo, I’m sure many people will earn some bonus points with it.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this World of Hyatt Card bonus on transactions for February?