In 2017 Delta and Lyft formed a partnership, giving SkyMiles members the opportunity to earn bonus miles for Lyft rides.
Delta & Lyft Partnership Basics
With this partnership you can earn:
- 2x SkyMiles per dollar spent on US airport rides
- 1x SkyMiles per dollar spent on all other rides in the US
- Up to $20 in credits as a new Lyft user
Delta & Lyft Holiday Promo
If you haven’t yet signed up for this partnership, at the moment there’s an opportunity to earn even more SkyMiles than usual for Lyft rides.
Those who link their SkyMiles and Lyft accounts between December 9, 2019, and January 2, 2020, can earn the following through January 2:
- 10x SkyMiles per dollar spent on US airport rides
- 2x SkyMiles per dollar spent on all other rides in the US
While this is a limited earnings window, 10x SkyMiles per dollar spent on airport rides is pretty significant.
Earn Hilton Points For The Same Ride
One of the interesting things about Lyft’s partnerships is that you can take advantage of multiple partnerships with the same rides. Lyft & Hilton also have a partnership, so you can also earn:
- 3x Hilton Honors points per dollar spent on Lyft rides
- 2x Hilton Honors points per dollar spent on Lyft shared rides
- Earn points for up to $10,000 of Lyft spend per year
Best Credit Cards For Lyft Rides
When you’re paying for your Lyft rides, make sure you use a card offering bonus points on ride sharing or travel.
The best personal cards for this include:
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve® (review) offers 3x points on travel
- The American Express® Green Card (review) offers 3x points on travel
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (review) offers 2x points on travel
- The World of Hyatt Credit Card (review) offers 2x points on ride-sharing
The best business cards for this include:
- The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card (review) offers 3x points on travel (on the first $150,000 in combined purchases every anniversary year)
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express (review) offers 2x points on the first $50,000 spent every calendar year
For a limited time those who link their Lyft & SkyMiles accounts can earn 10x SkyMiles per dollar spent on airport rides, and 2x SkyMiles per dollar spent on other rides. That’s potentially a great return, especially in conjunction with the ability to earn Hilton points for those same rides.