I first wrote about this promotion a few weeks ago, but wanted to post a reminder of this, as the offer will be ending shortly (and sometimes points transfers can take a while). There’s a lot to love about the Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles program, and this promotion makes redemptions even more lucrative.
Save 30% on Turkish award redemptions
Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles is running a redemption sale, offering a 30% discount on award tickets with few restrictions:
- This is valid for bookings made through December 31, 2021
- This is valid for travel through May 15, 2022
- This applies to all promotional award tickets in economy or business class
- This is valid for travel on Turkish Airlines to all destinations, whether flying one-way or roundtrip
- There are blackout dates of April 7 through April 25, 2022, for international flights
- The discounted price will be reflected at the time you make your reservation
Why this is such a good deal
If you’re not familiar with Turkish Miles&Smiles, you’ll want to check out my recent post. With a 30% discount, you can expect to pay the following number of miles for one-way Turkish Airlines business class awards:
- Fly from the United States to Europe for 31,500 miles
- Fly from the United States to the Middle East for 32,900 miles
- Fly from the United States to Central Asia for 36,750 miles
- Fly from the United States to North Africa for 42,000 miles
- Fly from the United States to the Far East for 47,250 miles
- Fly from the United States to Central Africa for 50,750 miles
- Fly from the United States to South Africa for 59,500 miles
While there are fuel surcharges, they’re relatively mild — expect to pay $180-270 per direction for these charges in long haul business class.
If you’re looking for award availability, I recommend checking out the Newark to Istanbul flight. It has the most award availability of any Turkish Airlines route to the United States, and the route is also operated by the new Airbus A350, featuring Turkish’s best business class.
How to earn Turkish Airlines miles
Turkish Airlines partners with two transferable points currencies, giving those with credit cards easy access to these miles:
- You can transfer Citi ThankYou points to Turkish Airlines at a 1:1 ratio, so you can earn Turkish miles with cards like the Citi Premier® Card (review)
- You can transfer Capital One miles to Turkish Airlines at a 1:1 ratio, so you can earn Turkish miles with cards like the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card (review)
- Note that with both currencies transfers to Turkish Miles&Smiles aren’t instant, so expect for it to take one to two days
Turkish Airlines is offering 30% off awards booked by December 31, 2021, with travel allowed through May 15, 2022. Turkish’s award pricing is excellent to begin with, so with a 30% discount, you’re looking at some jaw-droppingly good award pricing.
Add in the fact that Turkish flies to more countries than any other airline in the world and that Turkish miles are easy to earn (via Capital One and Citi), and this is a pretty awesome opportunity to lock in some travel.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Turkish Airlines award sale?
(Tip of the hat to @fotograaf)